Africa Furniture Outlook
March 2019, II Ed. , 91 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 800.00 / US$ 878.16
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: W25
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
CSIL research report Africa Furniture Outlook offers an overview of the African furniture industry with statistical data (production, consumption, imports and exports of furniture for 2017) and 2019 - 2020 furniture market forecasts for 54 countries.
THIS REPORT PROVIDES
An introductive part describing the African furniture sector and providing prospects for the furniture market in the continent:
- Furniture consumption in Africa: 2017 apparent consumption and market prospects up to 2020, by country and by geographical area (North Africa, West Africa, Central Africa, East Africa and Southern Africa).
- Furniture imports to Africa: by country and by geographical area (North Africa, West Africa, Central Africa, East Africa and Southern Africa), including a matrix showing the main countries of origin of furniture imports.
- Large urban markets in Africa (urbanisation will be very rapid, with important implications for the growth of furniture consumption).
Statistics and outlook data are also available in a country format. For the 54 considered countries, the report offers:
Furniture market size, furniture production and furniture trade (2017). Country rankings to place all statistics in a broad African context. Real growth of furniture consumption. Market forecasts up to 2020. Countries of origin of furniture imports. Additional socio economic indicators (Total household consumption expenditure, Total GNP at purchasing power parity, Per capita GNP at purchasing power parity, Urban population, Broadband internet connections and mobile cellular subscriptions, International tourists arrivals).
KEY ISSUES OF THIS STUDY
- A picture of opportunities for exporters of furniture to Africa.
- A rich collection of key country-data, allowing comparisons among countries.
- 2019 and 2020 forecasts on the evolution of furniture markets in the considered countries, based on the analysis of furniture industry dynamics and of macro-economic indicators.
Countries covered: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo Dem Rep, Congo Rep, Cote d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini (formerly Swaziland), Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Furniture imports by area in Africa.
Total furniture imports into Africa (both from other African countries and other areas of the world) exceeds USD 3 billion, corresponding to about 2% of world imports as estimated by CSIL.
Southern Africa and North Africa are the areas with the highest level of imports among the African regions.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- PART I - OVERVIEW
- The African furniture sector
- Furniture consumption in Africa
- - Apparent furniture consumption for single countries and by geographical area
- Major urban markets for furniture in Africa
- - Large urban markets by population and main cities
- Imports of furniture: a picture of opportunities for furniture exporters arising from the increasing imports of African countries
- - Breakdown of furniture imports and imports penetration by region
- - Origin of Imports for 10 main importing countries
- The outlook for furniture consumption
- - Forecasts of furniture consumption to 2020
- PART II - FURNITURE INDICATORS
- Furniture sector's overview by country
- - Origin of imports of furniture to African countries
- - Furniture market outlook 2019 - 2020
- COUNTRY TABLES
- For the 54 considered countries:
- - Furniture market size, furniture production and furniture trade 2017
- - Furiture market forecasts up to 2020
- - Countries of origin of furniture imports
- - Socio-economic indicators
- APPENDIX - Notes, presentation conventions, classification of countries
Share this Market Research
- Office furniture: world market outlook
- World furniture outlook 2020
- Kitchen furniture: World market outlook
- The Furniture Industry in Europe
- The Furniture Industry in Vietnam
- India Furniture Outlook
- The Furniture Industry in the Gulf Countries: Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar
- The furniture industry in South East Asia. Outlook for 5 emerging manufacturing countries: Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam