E-Commerce in the kitchen furniture industry
July 2001, I Ed. , 108 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 420.00 / US$ 460.95
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Language: English (Italian available on request)
Report Code: M.5
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
The report analyses trends in e-commerce in the kitchen furniture industry.
Case histories of e-commerce in the kitchen furniture industry are provided, together with an analysis of the status and prospects of kitchen furniture retailing on the Internet.
The opportunities offered by the Internet are analysed from the point of view of kitchen furniture manufacturers and dealers.
Company profiles refer to US and European companies and provide information on: company turnover, product breakdown, site structure, e-commerce and commercial networking.Data on kitchen furniture imports and exports are also provided.
An outline of the kitchen furniture market includes: breakdown by distribution channel and customer type, market shares of major 50 kitchen furniture producers.The kitchen furniture industry is profoundly affected by the growing role of the Internet.
The effects of the Internet on the kitchen furniture industry evolution are examined according to different perspectives: kitchen furniture business-to-business, kitchen furniture business-to-consumer, portals and directories for kitchen furniture, online retailing, e-procurement of components, software solutions for kitchen furniture e-commerce.
Data and forecasts on Internet users are available for the United States and Western Europe.
Both business-to-business and business-to-consumer sites are examined.An appendix with pictures from selected kitchen furniture web sites is also provided.Among the considered products: kitchen furniture, fitted kitchens with built-in appliances, integrated kitchens, kit kitchens, kitchen cabinets, stock kitchens, custom made kitchens, household built-in appliances, household free-standing appliances, refrigerators and freezers, ovens and microwave ovens, dishwashers, washing machines, hoods, sinks, hinges, drawer slides, kitchen cabinets doors, worktops.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- The world market for kitchen furniture
- Kitchen furniture market segments
- Western Europe: kitchen furniture distribution and sales
- United States: kitchen furniture distribution
- Kitchen furniture international trade: exports and imports, by country
- The world market for household electrical appliances
- Internet diffusion and propensity to online purchasing
- The impact of Internet on the kitchen furniture market
- Internet use among kitchen furniture manufacturers and dealers
- Purchasing process of kitchen furniture in Italy and use of Internet
- Internet users' profile in France
- Online sales value in the United States
- E-procurement of components: some examples
- Specialized software for web based solution
- Manufacturers of household built-in appliances
- Manufacturers of hoods and sinks
- Manufacturers of hinges and drawer slides
- Components marketplaces for kitchen furniture producers
- Manufacturers of doors & worktops for kitchen furniture
- Cases of kitchen furniture Business-to-Business
- German purchasing groups specialized in kitchen furniture
- European kitchen furniture manufacturers
- US kitchen furniture manufacturers
- Some window sites in the kitchen furniture sector
- Kitchen furniture manufacturers
- Household built-in appliances' manufacturers
- Cases of kitchen furniture Business-to-Consumer
- Kitchen furniture from distributors to consumers
- Online presence of small independent distributors
- Electrical appliances Business to Consumer
- Software providers
- Kitchen furniture industry portals and directories
- - The North American market
- - The European market
- Internet costs
- Appendix (available in print format upon request):
- Pictures from selected kitchen furniture web sites
Selected companies mentioned:
20-20 Technologies, Accuride, Alno, Ambientieoggetti.com, American Woodmark Corporation, Arredamento.it, Arredando.com, Berloni, Boffi, Cabinetparts.com, CabNetDesigner, Candy, Candy, Conforama, Der Kreis, Dinamicasoft, Du Pont Corian®, Electrolux, Emmelunga, Eurocomponenti, Euromobil, Faber, Foster, Franke, GE Appliances, Grass, Häfele, Hettich, Homeportfolio.com, Ikea, Kitchensource.com, Kitchenweb.com, Kueche-Online.de, Kuechenhandel.de, Livingathome.de, Merillat, Merloni, MFI, Miele, Mobalpa, Möbel Walther, Mobilclan, NF-Ameublement.com, Nobia, Nolte, Planit, Poggenpohl, Puntoarredoline.com, Righetti, SALM, Scarpellini, Scavolini, Schuler, Sears.com, Snaidero, VKG, Whirlpool, Wicnet.org, Zanussi.
Share this Market Research