Egypt Furniture Outlook
April 2010, VI Ed. , 67 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 590.00 / US$ 657.14
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: W7.EG
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
DescriptionOver the past decade the Egyptian furniture industry has witnessed rapid progress, becoming one of the country's fastest growing and most promising industries.
Egypt displays a dynamic furniture industry, which has proven more and more successful on the international markets. In particular, between 2004 and 2008 production doubled, driven by a surge in exports, and output reached almost US$ 860 million.
The increase in the exports/production ratio was really impressive between 2000 and 2009 rising from 3% in 2000 to 26% in 2009.
Some of the reasons for this dynamism and improvement are: the long tradition of craftsmanship, investments in skilled labour and the most advanced technology, improved business management and government supportive policies with the aim of building an internationally recognized furniture design and production industry.
CSIL Market Research Egypt Furniture Outlook is part of the Country Furniture Outlook Series, covering at present 60 countries.
What can be expected to happen in the market in coming years?
An executive summary (see The Key Facts of the Furniture Sector) provides the furniture industry overview, based on CSIL processing of statistics and company data from official sources, both national and international, as well as industry information and field information collected through interviews with companies and industry experts. CSIL then provides an independent assessment of the industry performance and prospects for the coming years.
What is the market size and its growth rate?
Furniture industry performance is illustrated through updated furniture statistics and through tables, graphs and illustrated maps. Information covers all the main variables necessary to analyze the industry, from the supply side (see Productive Factors – sawnwood, wood-based panels, forest resources, woodworking machinery- and Furniture Production – by segment: upholstered furniture, kitchen furniture, office furniture; by geographical regions in the country) to the market side (see Demand Determinants – population, per capita GDP, households, residential dwellings and buildings, new office buildings and international tourism), Furniture Consumption - by segment: upholstered furniture, kitchen furniture, office furniture).
Which is the structure of import / export?
This study also considers the international trading activity (see Furniture Imports and Furniture Exports) including additional information on countries of destination/origin of furniture and placing all the statistics in a broader context by giving world comparisons of the imports/consumption and exports/production ratios.
Is there potential for my business to go into this country?
Future industry prospects and CSIL’s assessment of market potential are also provided (see Furniture Market Potential – in terms of size of the market, performance, furniture consumer spending, market openness, import penetration) and a cross-country comparison (see Annex: Country Rankings) further enriches the analysis.
Who are the main players, where are they, what do they do?
Information on actors operating in the country are provided both for manufacturers and retailers (see Major Furniture Companies ) for a total of 35 short profiles, and for other industry operators (see Sector fairs, Press and Institutional Bodies).
Furniture exports, 2000-2009
Abstract of Table of Contents
- Egypt. The Key Facts of the Furniture Industry
- Egypt. Furniture Market Potential
- Furniture market profile (size of the market, performance, furniture consumer spending, market openness, import penetration)
- Furniture market forecasts (furniture consumption, real growth rates 2010-2012)
- Egypt. Business Climate
- Business climate rankings
- - Among the other indicators: starting a business, enforcing contracts, paying taxes, registering property
- Selected business climate indicators
- - Among the other indicators: time required to build a warehouse, logistic performance index
- Egypt. Demand Determinants
- Population, breakdown by age group
- Households and urban population, population by region
- Population and per capita GDP by region
- Residential buildings by region and new dwelling
- Building stock and international tourism
- Egypt. Furniture Consumption
- Per capita furniture spending in Egypt compared to the average level for the High Income countries. Ratio (%)
- Furniture consumption. Comparison with the aggregate for Middle and Low Income countries
- Egypt. Furniture Imports and Exports
- Furniture import and exports, imports/consumption and exports/production ratio
- Furniture imports and exports. Comparison with the aggregate for Middle and Low Income countries
- Main countries of origin-destination of furniture imports- exports
- Furniture imports-exports by geographical area of origin-destination
- Furniture imports and exports by segment
- - Upholstered furniture, non-upholstered seats, bedroom furniture, kitchen furniture, office furniture, furniture n.e.c.
- Egypt. Sector Fairs, Press and Institutional Bodies
- Egypt. Productive Factors
- Consumption of sawnwood and wood-based panels
- Forest resources and distribution of land
- Imports of wood-based panels and woodworking machinery
- Egypt. Furniture Production
- Furniture production areas
- Furniture production growth performance. World comparison
- Furniture production. Comparison with the aggregate for Middle and Low Income countries
- Egypt. Top Furniture Companies
- 35 short company profiles
- Egypt. Annexes
- Egypt. Country Rankings
- - Among the other indicators: country attractiveness, per capita furniture spending, furniture growth rates, furniture market openness
- Egypt. Socio-Economic Data
- - Macroeconomic Trends, exchange rates, value added breakdown, labour market indicators, investment and human capital
- Egypt. Furniture Data
- - Production, exports, imports and consumption: Absolute values and year on year variations
- - Furniture Market Forecasts: Year on year variations
Share this Market Research