The Furniture Industry in Vietnam
July 2019, IX Ed. , 125 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 1290.00 / US$ 1523.49
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: W05VN
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
CSIL Market Research Report The Furniture Industry in Vietnam is part of the Country Furniture Outlook Series, that currently covers 100 markets. This study offers an up-to-date and detailed overview of the furniture sector in Vietnam and its prospects , through tables, graphs, illustrated maps and further information processed from direct interviews with top furniture companies and sector experts.
Furniture market outline: data for production, consumption, imports and exports of furniture in Vietnam are provided for the time series 2009-2018, with preliminary estimates for the year 2019. The report also provides furniture market forecasts 2020 and 2021.
At a supply side,the furniture industry in Vietnam is analysed through:
- Selected productive factors (Forest resources and structure of land, Consumption of wood-based panels, Imports of wood-based panels and woodworking machinery, Unemployment and trained employed workers in the manufacturing sector, employed population by activity);
- A breakdown of furniture production by segment (upholstered furniture, kitchen furniture, office furniture, other furniture);
- An in-depth analysis of the competitive system: ranking of top manufacturers/exporters by furniture turnover, detailed profiles of the top 88 Vietnamese and FDI furniture manufacturers (Company name and address, Ownership, Activity, Type of furniture produced, Financial performances, Employees, Export share and key markets) and short profiles for further 72 furniture companies, classified by their employees range.
The analysis of the Vietnamese furniture market includes:
- Selected demand determinants (Population, main cities, building activities, international tourism, per-capita expenditure);
- A breakdown of furniture consumption by segment (upholstered furniture, kitchen furniture, office furniture, other furniture).
- Furniture market forecasts up to 2021.
This report also analyses the international trade of furniture from and to Vietnam: countries of destination/origin, furniture trade by segment (upholstered furniture, non-upholstered seats, bedroom furniture, kitchen furniture, office furniture, parts of furniture, parts of seats) and furniture trade by country/area.
The analysis is further enriched by:
- Prospects of the furniture industry in the country;
- CSIL's assessment of market potential;
- A cross-country comparison.
Furniture exports of Vietnam, 2009-2019. US$ million
Vietnam is one of the most dynamic countries in terms of growth in furniture production and in exports over the last decade. According to CSIL, it is now the 7th largest furniture producer worldwide (whereas it was 15th in 2009) and second-largest exporter in Asia and Pacific and the fifth worldwide. Vietnam is emerging as a leading manufacturing hub across South Asian countries.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- SUMMARY: KEY FACTS OF THE FURNITURE SECTOR IN VIETNAM
- VIETNAM FURNITURE MARKET POTENTIAL AND PROSPECTS
- Furniture market outline. Production, consumption, imports and exports 2009-2019
- Economic environment and furniture market Forecasts 2020-2021
- Vietnam and Asia Pacific. Furniture market forecasts 2020
- BUSINESS CLIMATE
- Business climate rankings and selected indicators
- DEMAND DETERMINANTS
- Population, main cities, building activities, international tourism, per-capita expenditure
- FURNITURE CONSUMPTION
- Consumption of furniture 2009-2019
- Furniture consumption by segment
- FURNITURE IMPORTS
- Imports of furniture 2009-2019
- Imports by area of origin and by segment
- Countries of origin of furniture imports
- PRODUCTIVE FACTORS
- Forest resources and structure of land, Consumption of wood-based panels, Imports of wood-based panels and woodworking machinery, Unemployment and trained employed workers in the manufacturing sector, employed population by activity
- FURNITURE PRODUCTION
- Production of furniture 2009-2019
- Furniture production by segment
- FURNITURE EXPORTS
- Exports of furniture 2009-2019
- Exports by destination area and by segment
- Countries of destination of furniture exports
- THE COMPETITIVE SYSTEM. FURNITURE MANUFACTURERS IN VIETNAM
- Furniture turnover in a selection of furniture companies
- Major foreign furniture companies
- Profiles of major furniture companies in Vietnam (local and FDI)
- Country Rankings, Socio-Economic Data, Furniture Data
- METHODOLOGICAL NOTES
Selected companies mentioned:
Share this Market Research