The kitchen furniture market in Russia
February 2018, VIII Ed. , 73 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 1600.00 / US$ 1807.36
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: S25RU
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
CSIL Market Research Report The kitchen furniture market in Russia analyses production, distribution, consumption, trade and competition for one of the most challenging markets for this sector, providing kitchen furniture production and consumption statistics and trends, as well as import and export data by country and by geographical area of origin/destination.
The survey involved collecting information from approximately 100 sector companies either through active participation (direct interviews or completion of a questionnaire) or from company balance sheets, figures and estimates.
Historical data are examined, especially as regards five-year, three-year and one-year market comparisons.
The report covers both kitchen furniture and the built-in appliances sold through this channel.
Information on the competitive system include sales data and market shares for 50 of the top kitchen furniture manufacturers in this area (players from Russia, Germany and Italy), as well as short company profiles.
Highlights of distribution channels are given, along with a list of 200 among the most important retailers selling kitchen furniture and furniture trade centres in Russia, from low to luxury price ranges and by Federal District.
The kitchen furniture market in Russia is broken down by kitchen style, cabinet door material, worktop material.
The Report also gives a wide range of macro-economic indicators (country indicators, real growth of GDP and inflation up to 2022, population indicators, data on building activity).
A snapshot of the Ukrainian kitchen furniture market is included, as well as a Directory of the main magazines available on the Russian furniture market.
An address list of the major players in the kitchen furniture industry in Russia is also provided.
Breakdown of kitchen furniture sales in Russia by kitchen style, 2017. % share
CSIL estimates that the kitchen furniture market in Russia amounted to more than 950 thousand units in 2017. In terms of value, the growth was modest (+1%) when expressed in local currency. Due to a recovery of the rouble against the euro (from 74 to 64 RUB per EUR) the market value in euro shows an outstanding +16%.
Luxury, upper-end and premium price kitchens amounted to 13,000 units in 2017, claiming 1.4% of the market in volume and 11% in value. Italian and German companies claim the lion's shares in this segment. Most of the largest Russian kitchen manufacturers operate in the middle-low, middle and upper-middle price segments.
Around 50% of the modern kitchens look white. In the classical segment there is a noticeably large share of dark brown colour and woods.
The main distribution channel (42% of market share in value) is that of the independent kitchen specialists, stand-alone or situated in the large furniture or trading centres.
Marya Furniture Factory ranks first among the top players on the kitchen furniture market in Russia; IKEA entered the market in 2000 and sells more than 100,000 kitchens per year in Russia; Leroy Merlin has the largest network of DIY stores and it is another important player in the kitchen furniture arena.
Approximately the 30% of kitchen retailers are based in the Central Federal District (including Moscow), and this is also the most crowded area in terms of internal competition. St. Petersburg hosts at least 30 top level retailers selling European brands.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- Introduction: Scope of the research and methodology
- Macroeconomic indicators
- Country indicators, Real growth of GDP and inflation up to 2022, Population indicators, Data on building activity
- Kitchen furniture market: size of the market and activity trend
- Basic data: Kitchens sold in the Russian market by price range. Thousand units, average price and EUR million
- Activity trend: Kitchen furniture production, consumption, imports and exports, in value and volume. Data 2011-2017
- International trade
- Exports and Imports of kitchen furniture by country and by geographical area, 2011-2016
- Market structure
- Employment and supply structure
- - List of major kitchen furniture manufacturers by town and year of establishment
- - Kitchen furniture. Number of employees and average turnover per employee in a sample of companies
- Manufacturing clusters and branded retail format
- - Breakdown of kitchen furniture sales by Federal Distric
- - Breakdown of major kitchen operators by products and number of employees
- - Breakdown of kitchen furniture sales by worktop material
- Kitchen doors and styles
- - Breakdown of kitchen furniture sales by cabinet door material and by kitchen style
- Distribution channels
- Distribution through furniture chains in a sample of companies
- Breakdown of kitchen furniture sales by distribution channel
- Average sales price of a kitchen in a sample of companies
- Focus on 200 key kitchen furniture retailers and large furniture centres by Federal District
- The leading kitchen furniture companies
- Overall competition
- - Sales of kitchen furniture by price range in a sample of 50 leading companies
- Low end, low and middle-low segments
- - Sales of kitchen furniture for a sample of companies in the low end (first price), low and middle-low price range
- Middle end middle-upper segments
- - Sales of kitchen furniture for a sample of companies in the middle and middle-upper price range
- Upper and luxury segments
- - Sales of kitchen furniture for a sample of companies in the upper and luxury price range
- Ukraine. A snapshot on the Ukrainian kitchen furniture market
- Annex I: Directory of magazines active in the Russian furniture market
- Annex II: Directory of companies active in the Russian kitchen furniture market
Selected companies mentioned:
Aran, Ballerina, Balt Mebel, Buhanov, Bravo Design, Bulthaup. Decorum, DMI, Driada, Dvor, Europrestige, Front Décor, Giulia Novars, Hoff, Ikea, Kitchen Luxury, Kuchenberg, Marya, Leroy Merlin, Mebelny Biznes, Metro, Nobilia, Nolte, Riviera Kazan, Scavolini, Snaidero, Sputnik Style, Stilnie Kuchni, Trio Interier, Ulyanovsk.