Smart and Fast cities: forecasting furniture demand to 2020
February 2014, I Ed. , 334 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 1600.00 / US$ 1748.8
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: S.60
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
This is the first edition of CSIL report 150 Smart&Fast Cities: Forecasting Furniture Demand to 2020.
Aim of the Report is to shed light on 150 worldwide smart&fast cities, which are deemed to offer good business opportunities for the furniture and furnishings players in the coming years.
The report is structured in two sections:
SECTION 1 - COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS
This Section provides a comparative analysis of the 150 cities by highlighting their performance until 2020 in terms of demographic trends, economic development and consumptions.
At the end of section 1, comparative table of cities by geographical areas are provided, showing the expected range of growth which will be faced in 2020.
SECTION 2 – 150 CITIES' PROFILES
This Section provides 150 cities profiles, by encompassing the following key aspects:
- City Highlights: main peculiarities of the city and interesting aspects which could influence investment opportunities and the demand of furniture and furnishing products. These may include: government projects, financing programs, economic incentives, retail opportunities, development of the real estate market, constructions planned, major events which will be hosted in the city, etc.
- Demographic trend: main topics influencing the demand of furniture and furnishings products, such as the increase/decrease of population, the number of households, and the population structure (share of migrants, working age people, birth rate, etc.).
- Economic welfare: economic development of the city as well as the economic conditions of the citizens and their purchasing power.
- Quality of life, attractiveness and governance: aspects which make a city attractive for citizens and businesses, including the availability and quality of infrastructure to access local resources, the capacity to attract tourists, the conditions to make a business, etc.
- Household Consumption and Furniture Demand: attitude of households towards consumption, by distinguishing among different income groups. Level of consumption of furniture and furnishings products, including, housing, office and contract segments.
For each city profile, the following key forecasts are provided:
- Population growth rate, 2020
- Gross domestic product, 2020
- Gross domestic product per capita, 2020
- Household growth rate, 2020
- Household growth rate by level of income, 2020
- Household consumption growth rate, 2020
- Furniture demand, 2020
Among considered Cities: Abu Dhabi, Bangkok, Beijing, Chicago, Dalian, Frankfurt, Geneva, Helsinki, Indianapolis, Jakarta, Kuwait City, London, Los Angeles, Madrid, Mexico City, Oslo, Paris, Qingdao, Rome, Shanghai, Tel Aviv-Jaffa, Tokyo, Warsaw, Washington, Zurich.
Ask the full list of considered cities.
Which are the most interesting cities of the future for companies serving the furniture and furnishing market?
The 150 smart&fast cities analysed in the Report are located in 72 countries, which are monitored by CSIL and which account for 98% of the world furniture consumption.
Overall, the cities presented in this report account for more than a quarter of the global furniture consumption. They are home to nearly 11% of global population and contribute to 33% of global gross Domestic Product (GDP).
Abstract of Table of Contents
- PART I: 150 CITIES' COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS
- Asia and Pacific
- Central-East Europe outside the EU and Russia
- European Union
- Middle East and Africa
- North America
- South America
- Demografic trend by Geographical area. Population, 2012-2020. Percentage growth rate
- Economic welfare by geographical area. GDP pc, 2012-2020. Percentage growth rate
- Household consumption by geographical area, 2012-2020. US$ billion (at costant 2005 US$) and real percentage growth rate
- Furniture demand by geographiocal area, 2012-2020. Current US$ million and percentage growth rate
- PART II: CITIES' PROFILE
- For each city:
- - City Highlights
- - Demographic trend
- - Economic welfare
- - Quality of life, attractiveness and governance
- - Household Consumption and Furniture Demand
Share this Market Research
- MOBITEX 2017
- C-Star 2017
- HotelPlus 2017
- ELS 2017
- HOTEL PLUS + Total solution 2017