Sofa Market and Recliners in Europe
June 2017, XXII Ed. , 330 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 2900.00 / US$ 3420.84
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: EU05
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
The study "Sofa market & Recliners in Europe. Report for 18 countries" analyses the upholstered furniture market in 18 Western European countries providing data on production, consumption, imports and exports of upholstered furniture and an analysis of both the competitive system and the supply structure. Company information and business performances for the top European manufacturers in the sofa segment are included.
The report also provides short term forecasts for upholstered furniture production and consumption.
For the first time the report includes a focus on the European supply structure for recliners/motion sofas.
This Report is the result of :
- over 200 direct interviews with leading upholstery companies and key testimonials, conducted both via an online survey and face-to-face interviews.
- processing of macroeconomic and sector statistics from 2011 to 2016
- analysis of sector documentation from CSIL's databases, which were created in 1980 and have been updated annually.
The report is structured as follows:
- An executive summary provides a complete and detailed presentation of the upholstered furniture sector in Europe, looking at market trends and structure and at the competitive system with an independent assessment of the sector’s performance and prospects for the coming years.
- Chapter I Basic data. Production, consumption and trade, providing an overview of the European upholstered furniture industry and market through updated statistics and through tables, graphs and maps for Europe as a whole and for each country. The data are given both in value and in volume.
- Chapter II The competitive system for European sofas provides rankings of the major European sofa manufacturers, company shares of total upholstery production, breakdown of company turnover by product specialization, plant location, employees, major European sofa exporters. The chapter also provides detailed profiles of 15 of the top European players.
- Chapter III European sofa supply offers an analysis of the types of products manufactured by European upholstered furniture manufacturers, with tables and information on the actors operating in each segment: by price range (economic, middle, upper), covering material (leather, fabric, other materials including artificial leather), and destination (residential/contract)
- Chapter IV The recliner sofa industry in Europe focuses on the motion/recliner upholstered furniture industry in Europe, by estimating the European production in this segment by country and investigating the main characteristics of the supply, type of mechanisms (manual – power), number of seats (sofas – chairs), covering materials, and price. Tables show the main European players’ shares of motion supply, short profiles of the main extra-European manufacturers in the segment are also provided, along with a list of suppliers of recliner mechanisms.
- Chapter V Analysis by country, a report is provided for each upholstered furniture producing country detailing: country ranking at world and European level, basic segment data 2011-2016, data for production and consumption in value and volume, imports and exports by country and geographical area. The chapter offers an analysis of the type of products manufactured by European upholstered furniture firms, with tables and information on the actors operating in each segment: price range (economic, middle, upper), covering material (leather, fabric, other materials including artificial leather), destination (residential/contract). For all countries (except Greece and Ireland) the report provides a supply structure analysis (price range, covering material, residential/contract) and motion/stationary distinction and a ranking of the major local sofa manufacturers by upholstered furniture turnover. For all countries (except Greece, Ireland and Portugal) the report provides a brief introduction to the national home furniture distribution system, with details about major furniture retailers active in the sofa business.
- Annex Directories of the manufacturing companies mentioned provide full contact information for each company mentioned in this Report.
Countries covered: Austria, Belgium-Luxembourg, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom.
Europe. Upholstered furniture production, 2016. Million EUR
European production of upholstered furniture amounts to Euro 12 billion recording a 7% increase over 2011, due to the combined effect of positive performances on both the export and the domestic markets, driven especially by Poland, but thanks also to the recovery in traditional manufacturing countries like Italy and the UK.
Poland, Italy, Germany and the United Kingdom rank among the top 10 upholstered furniture manufacturers worldwide: they claim a combined share of 15% of world production and almost 75% of European production.
One segment that is becoming increasingly important in the upholstered furniture industry is the recliner/motion segment, which is estimated to account for a sizeable share of total upholstered furniture production. This share varies from country to country and responds to a constantly growing demand
Abstract of Table of Contents
- Methodological notes
- Executive summary
- 1. Basic Data. Production, Consumption and Trade
- Overview of the upholstered furniture market
- - Imports penetration
- - Exports orientation
- 2. The European sofa competitive system
- Top manufacturers: turnover, localization , employees
- Top exporters
- Profiles of the major European sofa manufacturers
- 3. Breakdown of supply
- Type of coverings: leather, fabric, other materials including artificial leather
- Price range
- Product type
- Destinations: home or contract
- 4. Focus The recliners sofa industry in Europe
- 5. Analysis by country
- Austria, Belgium-Luxembourg, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom
- Annex. Directory of mentioned manufacturing companies with complete addresses
Selected companies mentioned:
3C Gruppe, Ada Möbelfabrik, Comforty, DFS, Ekornes , Himolla, Natuzzi , Polipol Group , Poltrona Frau, Poltronesofà, Roche Bobois, Steinhoff Möbel
Share this Market Research
- Upholstered furniture: world market outlook 2017
- The world mattress industry
- Furniture distribution in Europe
- The upholstered furniture market in the United States
- The contract furniture and furnishings market in Europe
- The European Market for outdoor furniture
- Furniture distribution in Europe. Part II
- The upholstered furniture industry in Central-Eastern Europe