Home office furniture market in Europe
September 2020, II Ed. , 116 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 2600.00 / US$ 2734.42
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: M01
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
Back in 2000 CSIL studied how the rapid expansion of flexible and remote work, that started during the late '90s across Europe, was strengthening the demand of home office furniture, thus creating new growth opportunities and convergences between traditional office furniture markets and suppliers of domestic household furniture. The impact of Covid-19 pandemic nowadays is resulting in structural change that will be sustained in the future in the way people work and it is affecting the home office furniture market.
The new edition of CSIL report 'Home office furniture market in Europe' analyses the evolution of the working from home furniture segment, present scenario and growth prospects, and it is structured in two parts:
PART 1. HOME OFFICE FURNITURE IN EUROPE: BUSINESS PERFORMANCE AND KEY PLAYERS
This part deals with the evolution and forecasts of the home office furniture sector in Europe, drivers and demand determinants, estimated sales, leading manufacturers and distributors.
Home office furniture consumption in Europe is provided by geographical area, 5 divided according to their geographical proximity and similarity in market characteristics (Northern Europe, Western Europe, Central Europe DACH, Southern Europe, Central-Eastern Europe) and for the main European markets (Finland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, France, Netherlands, United Kingdom, Belgium, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Greece, Portugal, Poland).
Distribution of home office furniture in Europe: shares and evolution of the distribution channels (Office Furniture Dealers, Home Furniture Dealers, Large Scale Retail, E-commerce, DIY, Other), estimated sales of home office furniture for 75 selected leading distributors in Europe and short profiles of the main players.
The study also provides total revenues and estimated sales in Home Office for a sample of 45 leading furniture and office furniture manufacturers in Europe, with short profiles of selected companies and insights on how marketing policy and logistic system have been re-addressed in order to achieve the home-office furniture business.
PART 2. WORKING FROM HOME. THE END-USER EXPERIENCE
With the Covid-19 outbreak, working from home has increased all over the world, and, in some countries, it suddenly took off after years of trials. In the period April-July 2020, CSIL conducted a survey on a sample of end-users, of different ages and occupations, collecting the opinions of over 600 respondents from all over Europe.
The survey goes in-depth into the following aspects:
- Usual working location and teleworking;
- Rooms and space sharing while working from home;
- Furniture used in the home workstations;
- Level of satisfaction with the home office environment (internet connection, sound/noise, privacy, lighting, desking seating);
- Purchasing process (home office products purchased and willing to buy, expected budget, channels and retail brands).
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED IN THIS STUDY:
- What is the home office furniture market size in Europe?
- What is the incidence of this segment in the European countries?
- What are the products involved and their features?
- What companies produce and sell for this segment?
CONSIDERED PRODUCTS: Seating (Swivel chairs with or without castors used for home offices, other kind of ergonomic chairs), Standard desks (Desks of different dimensions like the ones used in offices, free-standing or wall-mounted desks or part of a cabinet/bookcases system), HAT (Height Adjustable Tables or 'sit-stand' desks), Small home office desks (Desks of small dimension with integrated storage or not), Cabinets and Storage (Bookcases, pedestals, single cabinets, cabinet systems).
GEOGRAPHICAL AREA COVERED:
- Northern Europe (Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden)
- Western Europe (Belgium-Lux, France, Ireland, Netherlands and the United Kingdom)
- Central Europe DACH (Germany, Austria and Switzerland)
- Southern Europe (Greece, Italy, Portugal and Spain)
- Central-Eastern Europe (Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovenia, Croatia, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Malta)
The home office furniture market in Europe evolved positively in the last decade. The growth is the result of the increasing demand from people working at home regularly or sometimes, a potential number of about 83 million individuals. Germany is by far the largest market, followed by the United Kingdom and France.
With the Covid-19 outbreak, the proportion of teleworkers is forecasted to grow, following a rebalancing between time spent in offices and time spent at home, and this will undoubtedly lead to a general improvement in the furniture and tools used for working at home. This market, historically composed to a large extent of ready-to-assemble-furniture and relatively low budget items, will undergo a significant transformation starting from 2020, evolving also in terms of features and in quality.
The change in workers' habits, and the fact that working from home will expand and will continue to be a stable model, will also lead the competition to become tougher. As customers will tend to invest more in their home office furniture and equipment, the number of actors participating in the home office supply business will multiply in different categories.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- TABLE OF CONTENTS AND METHODOLOGY
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 1. BASIC DATA. The European market for home office furniture, evolution and forecasts
- 1.1 Market evolution and figures by country
- - Consumption of home office furniture in Europe and other segments
- 1.2 Home office furniture market in Europe. Forecasts 2020-2021
- 2. BUSINESS PERFORMANCE. Home office furniture market, remote working indicators and other macroeconomic indicators
- 2.1 Northern Europe (Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden)
- 2.2 Western Europe (Belgium-Lux, France, Ireland, Netherlands and the United Kingdom)
- 2.3 Central Europe DACH (Germany , Austria and Switzerland)
- 2.4 Southern Europe (Greece, Italy, Portugal and Spain)
- 2.5 Central-Eastern Europe (Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovenia, Croatia, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Malta)
- 3. DEMAND DRIVERS
- 3.1 The rise of working from home
- 3.2 Impact on commercial real estate and offices
- 3.3 Home-based workers
- 3.4 Home workers' potential
- 3.5 Ensuring healthy working conditions at home
- 4. DISTRIBUTION OF HOME OFFICE FURNITURE IN EUROPE
- - Percentage shares by distribution channel
- - Distribution channels by geographical area
- 5. COMPETITION: Manufacturers and distributors of home office furniture in Europe
- 5.1 Market features
- - Home office furniture, market concentration
- 5.2 Distributors of home office furniture in Europe
- - Estimated sales in a sample of leading distributors and short profiles of key players
- 5.3 Manufacturers of home office furniture in Europe
- - Estimated sales in a sample of leading manufacturers and short profiles of key players
- 5.4 Furniture manufacturers to readdress marketing policies
- 6. WORKING FROM HOME. The end-user experience
- 6.1 Aim of the survey and sample
- 6.2 Working location and teleworking
- 6.3 Working from home: rooms and space sharing
- 6.4 Type of furniture. Seating, desking, worktools, storage products.
- 6.5 Level of satisfaction with the home office environment
- 6.6 Purchasing process, willing to buy, budgets and channels
- APPENDIX: MENTIONED COMPANIES
Selected companies mentioned:
Actona, Bisley, BoConcept, BRW, Composad, Furniture Village, Furniture@work, Gautier, Gaverzicht-Be Okay, Giroflex, Hofmeister, Kinnarps, Lago, Livique, Meble Vox. Viasit. Knoll + Muuto, Moebel Hoeffner, Molteni&C, Nowy Styl, Palmberg, Roche Bobois, Sokoa, Topstar, Unifor, Wayfair, XXXLutz
Share this Market Research
- World Furniture Outlook 2020/2021
- The European market for office furniture
- Office & commercial furniture supply for small business and e-commerce in Europe. The dealer point of view
- Furniture retailing in Europe
- Office furniture: world market outlook
- The Furniture Industry in Europe
- Office furniture features and workplace trends 2019-2020: a dealer point of view