The European market for kitchen furniture, part I
May 2018, XXVIII Ed. , 229 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 2900.00 / US$ 3275.26
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: EU.4
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
The 28th edition of CSIL Report The European market for kitchen furniture, Part I offers an accurate comprehensive picture of the kitchen furniture industry in 17 EU countries, providing data and 2012-2017 trends (both in value and in volume) in kitchen furniture production and consumption, imports and exports, at European level as a whole and for each country considered, for the total sector and by price range (six price groups). Marketing policies, the main macroeconomic variables necessary to analyse the performance of the sector for the last six years, an analysis of the supply structure and the competitive system, and an overview of the distribution system are also provided. The value and weight of the built-in appliances on kitchen furniture supply is considered, too.
A retrospective assessment on the past 30 years of the kitchen furniture industry (1986-2017) and main company facts on the long run is given.
European Union 15 Countries (before the May 2004 enlargement) plus Norway and Switzerland.
The countries were divided into four areas according their geographical proximity and similarity in market characteristics:
Northern Europe: Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden;
Western Europe: Belgium+Luxembourg, France, Ireland, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom;
Central Europe: Austria, Germany and Switzerland;
Southern Europe: Greece, Italy, Portugal and Spain.
Kitchen furniture imports and exports in the 17 Western European countries considered, broken down by country and by geographical area of destination/origin. The time frame considered is 2012-2017.
A financial analysis is based on a sample of around 100 selected European kitchen furniture manufacturers, and includes profitability ratios (EBITDA, EBIT, ROI, ROE), structure ratios, employment data and per employees’ ratios.
An analysis of the types of product manufactured by the European kitchen furniture companies and information on key players operating in each segment. Kitchen furniture production is broken down according to:
cabinet door material (solid wood, veneer, laminated, decorative papers, thermoplastic foils, lacquered, melamine, aluminium, glass)
cabinet door style (classic, rustic, modern, design, hi-tech)
cabinet door colour (white, bright colours, neutral colours, wood looking) and lacquered type (high gloss, opaque)
worktop material (solid surface materials, engineered and natural stone, laminated, wood, tiles/ceramics, steel and aluminium, wood, glass)
type of lay-out (price range, shape, size).
Overview of the main distribution channels active on the European kitchen furniture market at European level as a whole and for each country considered. The analysis of the distribution system covers the following channels: Kitchen specialists; Furniture retailers; Large furniture chains; Contract; Building trade; DIY stores; Direct sales; E-commerce.
Analysis of the leading local and foreign players present in each price range and in each European country considered. Detailed tables show sales data and market shares for the leading kitchen furniture companies and short profiles of the major players in the kitchen furniture industry are also available. At the end of this chapter there is a focus on European kitchen furniture exports and market shares outside EU17 countries, by area of destination (Central-Eastern Europe and Russia, Middle East and Africa, Asia and Pacific, North America and Central-South America).
Addresses of about 230 European kitchen furniture companies are also provided.
Percentage breakdown of kitchen furniture production of the major European countries, 1986 and 2017
With a 3% growth in value, the EU17 market for kitchen furniture reached the size of 5.7 million units.
Production is growing mainly in the upper and middle segments, while production in the first price segment is slowing down. Low-end kitchens production is close to 2 million of manufactured units (to be added some 100 thousand of extra-west European production
In 2017, total EU17 kitchen furniture exports amounted to Eur 3.4 billion, marking a 3.1% increase on 2016. Imports registered a 14% growth, mainly for effect of a recalculation of imports in Netherlands. Deducting this effect, growth is just a 3.2%. 2017 value of imports is Eur 2,153 million.
Considering the figures over the past six years, from 2012 to 2017, the average annual growth rate for exports (4.9%) is somewhat higher than the growth rate of imports (1.4%).
This is because Europe is more and more an exporter towards the United States (+23.6% on average over the 2012-2017 period), Asia Pacific and Central-Eastern Europe (both +7% yearly on a five years span).
EBITDA, on a rising trend, is now 8% on average.
Kitchen speclalists’ share raised to 44% in value.
Top 10 players (Ballingslov, Fournier, Häcker, Howdens Joinery, Ikea, Nobia, Nobilia, Nolte, Schüller, Schmidt) hold approximately 47% of the market.
A breaking news of the 2018 edition of “The European market for kitchen furniture” is a retrospective assessment on the past 30 years’ of the kitchen furniture industry (1986-2017) with a look at the main company facts on the long run.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- Contents of the Report; Research tools and methodological notes; Terminology
- Basic data and Activity trend
- Kitchen furniture production, consumption, exports and imports for EU17 countries in values and volumes
- Breakdown of kitchen furniture production and consumption by market segment, in values and volumes, at European level as a whole and for each country considered
- Analysis of the kitchen furniture industry (production, consumption and international trade) in Europe as a whole and for each considered country, data 2012-2017 and macroeconomic forecasts up to 2019
- Retrospective assessment on the past 30 years’ of the kitchen furniture industry; highlight of some among the main events occurring in the European kitchen furniture business since 1986
- International trade
- Kitchen furniture exports and imports 2012-2017, by country and by geographical area of destination/origin
- Financial analysis
- Financial results: ROI, ROE, EBITDA and EBIT ratio for a sample of 60 companies; Employment analysis: number of employees, turnover per employee, average cost of employee, cost of employees/turnover for a sample of companies
- Supply structure
- Analysis of the kitchen furniture production broken down by:
- - Cabinet door material
- - Cabinet door style
- - Cabinet door colour and lacquered type
- - Worktop material
- - Worktop material
- - Hinges and drawers
- Distribution channels
- Overview of the main distribution channels active on the European kitchen furniture market, at European level as a whole and for each country considered
- - Kitchen specialists, Furniture shops, Furniture chains, Building trade, Contract, DIY, E-commerce, Direct sales
- The competitive system
- Total production of kitchen furniture for a sample of 50 leading European players: turnover data, market shares and short profiles
- The European competitive system by market segment: luxury, upper, middle-upper, middle, middle-low, low price range
- The European competitive system for each of the 17 European countries analyzed
- Focus on European kitchen furniture exports and market shares outside EU17 countries, by area of destination
- Address list of around 230 European kitchen furniture companies
Selected companies mentioned:
Alno, Alvic, Aran, Armony, Arredo 3, Arrex, Ballerina, Ballingslöv, Bauformat, Beckerman, Boffi, Bribus, Brigitte, Bruynzeel, Bulthaup, Canburg, Colombini, Dada, DAN Küchen, De Keyzer, Der Kreis, Dica, Doca Cocina, Dovy, Èggo Kitchen, Elecco, Fournier, Franssen, Gaio, Gamadecor, Grupo Mobiliario de Madrid, Häcker, Herzog, Howdens Joinery, Ikea, Ilwa, Kvik, Leicht, Lube, Mandemakers, Marinelli, Masterclass Kitchens, Menuiseries du Centre, Mereway, Mob Cozinhas, Modexa, Mondo Convenienza, Moores Furniture, Morel, Movimar, Neoform, Nobia, Nobilia, Nolte, Nordic Kitchen, Officine Gullo, Omega, Parisot, Poggenpohl, Poliform, Pronorm, Puustelli, Pyram, Réma You, Rotpunkt, Sabag, Sachsen, Santos, Scavolini, Scandinavian Kitchen, Schmidt, Schüller, SieMatic, Snaidero, Stosa, Symphony, TCM Group, Team 7, Top Form, Topi-Keittiöt, Tribou, Turi, Ultima, Valcucine, Vedum, Veneta, Veriset, Vordingborg, Xey
Share this Market Research
- Kitchen furniture: World market outlook
- The European market for kitchen furniture, part II
- Profiles of 50 major appliance manufacturers worldwide
- The kitchen furniture market in Japan and South Korea
- The kitchen furniture market in the United States
- The major household appliances market in India
- Built-in appliances distribution and brand image in Russia
- Built-in appliances distribution and brand image in Spain
- The major household appliances market in China
- 500 companies in the kitchen furniture industry