The European Market for outdoor furniture
September 2017, V Ed. , 68 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 1600.00 / US$ 1814.56
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: EU13
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
The new edition of the CSIL Report "The European market for outdoor furniture" offers a comprehensive picture of the outdoor furniture market in Western Europe.
The study analyses the sector performance, market trends, distribution systems, types of destination and the major players and provides basic data, market forecasts and a SWOT analysis in order to outline potential opportunities and challenges.
It focuses on the four largest outdoor furniture markets (Germany, the UK, France and Italy) and for each country it provides:
- Consumption of outdoor furniture
- Breakdown by source: imports and domestic production
- Imports of outdoor furniture by area of origin
- Consumption of outdoor furniture by market range, distribution channel, destination and material
Concise notes on the outdoor furniture market are also provided for: Spain, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden and Belgium.
Appendix: List of major manufacturers, retailers and designers/design studios cooperating with selected outdoor furniture companies.
Products included in the outdoor furniture aggregate: seats, tables, benches, sun loungers, garden sofas and swing seats.
Breakdown of outdoor furniture production by country
According to CSIL estimates, the production of outdoor furniture in Western Europe is worth over EUR 1 billion. The Italian outdoor furniture industry is the largest, followed by Germany, France and the UK.
The Western European market offers interesting opportunities for outdoor furniture sales, both in the residential and in the contract segment. Following the general trend in furniture consumption, the outdoor furniture market is also recovering and a positive performance is forecasted for 2018.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- Executive summary and Methodological notes
- PART ONE: The European outdoor furniture market sector
- Consumption, Imports, Exports and Production of outdoor furniture in Western Europe
- Main players
- Market trends
- - Market ranges
- - Distribution system
- - Contract and residential segment
- - Consumption trends
- - Trends in materials choice
- SWOT Analysis: Market trend, Competition, Distribution, Contract market, Products features
- PART TWO: Focus on four main outdoor furniture markets: Germany, the UK, France and Italy
- For each country:
- - Consumption of outdoor furniture
- - The outdoor furniture market. Breakdown by source: import and domestic production
- - Import of outdoor furniture. Breakdown by area of origin
- - Consumption of outdoor furniture by market range, by distribution channel, by destination, by material
- Other Western European countries: Spain, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden, Belgium
- APPENDIX: List of retailers, major manufacturers and designers/design studios cooperating with selected outdoor furniture companies
Selected companies mentioned:
Alexander Rose, Dedon, Emu, Fermob, Fischer Möbel, Gloster, Grosfillex, Hartman, Kettal, Kettler, Resol, Royal Botania, Scancom International, Sieger, Yotrio, UnoPiù