The Italian market for kitchen furniture
April 2017, XXXV Ed. , 89 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 1600.00 / US$ 1887.36
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Language: Italian - Report in Italian language only
Report Code: IT05
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
This report, at its 35th edition, offers a comprehensive picture of the kitchen furniture industry in Italy, providing trends in kitchen furniture production and consumption, kitchen furniture imports and exports. Kitchen furniture prices, marketing policies, distribution and main players are also considered as well as the value and weight of the built-in appliances on kitchen furniture supply.
The report provides a breakdown of supply, of kitchen furniture by cabinet door material, (solid wood, veneer, laminated, decorative paper, thermoplastics, lacquered, melamine, aluminum, glass), by cabinet door style, (classic, country, modern basic, modern, design, hi-tech) and colour, (white, bright, neutral), by cabinet door lacquering (bright, opaque) and by worktop material (solid surface materials, natural and engineered stone, laminated, tiles, steel and aluminium, wood, glass).
A breakdown of Italian kitchen furniture exports and imports is provided by country and by geographical area.
Trends of kitchen factory prices, data on productive concentration financial data (EBITDA, EBIT, ROE, ROA..) and employment are also provided.
The analysis of kitchen furniture distribution in Italy covers the following distribution channels: direct sales/contract, kitchen specialists, furniture shops, buying groups large scale furniture distribution.
The competitive system analyses the presence (sales data and market shares) of the major kitchen furniture manufacturers in Italy by geographical area and by average factory price and their exports.
Short company profiles of the top kitchen furniture manufacturers are also included.
The report covers both kitchen furniture and the built-in appliances sold through this channel. An overview is dedicated to the sales of major appliances by category (sinks, hobs, ovens, hoods, refrigerators and freezers, dishwashers).
An address list of almost 80 Italian kitchen furniture companies is also included.
Kitchen furniture. Main countries of origin of imports, 2016. Shares and annual % changes
Italian market for kitchen furniture is sized around Eur 1,566 million at factory prices (Eur 3.5 billion at retail prices, including built-in appliances and VAT).Kitchen furniture production, around 2.3 billion, increased by 3% during 2016, thanks to a robust growth of export (+4.6%).In terms of manufactured units, production increase has been even higher (3.7%) than value increase, during 2016. 85,000 units are luxury and upper end kitchens manufactured in the year. A relevant slice of the growth has been in the mid-lower end of the market.During 2016 Italian exports of kitchen furniture increased by 4.6%, reaching a value of Eur 754 million. Italy is the European second largest exporter of kitchen furniture. Export/production ratio peaked from 16% in 2000 to 22% in 2010 and over 32% in 2016.Higher growth rates (22%) are registered towards the United States. Average EBITDA in the kitchen furniture industry is 6%. Top 4 players hold over 30% of the Italian production of kitchen furniture and around 38% of the Italian market.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- The kitchen furniture market in Italy: basic data
- Production and consumption (total and by price range, in value and volume), imports and exports
- Activity Trend
- Kitchen furniture production and consumption trends, 2006-2016
- International trade
- Exports and Imports of kitchen furniture by country and by geographical area of destination/origin, 2011-2016
- Financial Analysis
- EBITDA, EBIT, ROE, ROA (2011-2015), Average cost of employee, Turnover per employee, Per capita added value for a sample of companies
- Breakdown of supply by materials and styles
- Breakdown of supply by cabinet door material and colour
- Breakdown of supply by worktop material
- Breakdown of supply by kitchen style
- Distribution channels
- Regional consumption
- Consumption by distribution channels
- Sales per sale point (in Italy and abroad) in a sample of companies
- Main furniture chains
- Built-in appliances
- Incidence of built-in appliances on the total value of kitchens (sinks, hobs, ovens, hoods, refrigerators and freezers, dishwashers)
- Competitive system
- Top 50 Italian kitchen furniture manufacturers
- Kitchen furniture sales in Italy and market shares of the top 50 companies
- Kitchen furniture sales in Italy by geographical region in a sample of companies
- Kitchen furniture sales in Italy and market shares by price range (luxury, upper end, middle-upper end, middle end, middle-low end, low end) of the main companies
- Kitchen furniture exports and market shares of the top 50 italian companies
- Appendix 1: Demand drivers
- Appendix II: Addresses of the major Italian kitchen furniture companies
Selected companies mentioned:
Aran World, Arc Linea, Armony, Arredo 3, Arrital Cucine, Aster Cucine, Astra Cucine, Atma Cucine, Berloni, Boffi, Cesar Arredamenti, Colombini, Copart Cucine, Cubo Design, Dada, Del Tongo, Dibiesse, Diesis, Doimo Cucine, Effequattro, Elmar, Essebi, Euromobil, Europlak, Gentili, Gicinque Cucine, Home, Ikea Italia, Landini, Lube, Magnolia due, Marchi, Marinelli Cucine, Mobilegno Cucine, Mobilturi, Modulnova, Mondo Convenienza, NetCucine, Nobilia, Poggenpohl, Ricci Casa, Scavolini, Scic, Siematic, Snaidero, Stosa, Torchetti Cucine, Valcucine, Varenna Poliform, Veneta Group, Visionnaire, Zecchinon.