The European market for kitchen furniture, part II
June 2018, VIII Ed. , 173 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 1600.00 / US$ 1846.08
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: S25
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
The eigth edition of The European market for kitchen furniture Part II (formerly The kitchen furniture market in Central-Eastern Europe) analyses the production, consumption, international trade, distribution and competitive system of the kitchen furniture industry in the following 13 CEE Countries (CE Europe 13 or CEE 13): Bulgaria (BG), Croatia (HR), Czech Republic (CZ), Hungary (HU), Poland (PL), Romania (RO), Slovakia (SK), Slovenia (SI). For this edition, Estonia (EE), Latvia (TV), Lithuania (LT), Cyprus (CY), Malta (MT) have been added. An overview on other 6 CE European Countries is also included as appendix at the end of the report: Albania, Bosnia Herzegovina, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Ukraine.
The report covers both kitchen furniture (excluding the sales of cabinets only) and the built-in appliances sold through this channel.
Kitchen furniture imports and exports in the CE European countries considered, are broken down by country and by geographical area of destination/origin. The time frame considered is 2012-2017. The main macroeconomic variables necessary to analyse the performance of the sector for the last six years are also included.
A financial analysis is based on a sample of almost 350 Central-Eastern European manufacturing companies that produce mostly kitchens, and includes profitability ratios (EBITDA, EBIT, ROI, ROE), structure ratios, employment data and per employees' ratios.
Kitchen furniture production is broken down according to:
- cabinet door material (solid wood, veneer, laminated, decorative papers, thermoplastic foils, lacquered, melamine, aluminium, glass)
- cabinet door style (classic, rustic, modern, design, hi-tech)
- cabinet door colour (white, bright colours, neutral colours, wood looking) and lacquered type (high gloss, opaque)
- worktop material (solid surface materials, engineered and natural stone, laminated, wood, tiles/ceramics, steel and aluminium, wood, glass)
- price range (luxury, upper end, middle-upper, middle, middle-low, low end).
An overview of the main distribution channels active on the kitchen furniture market in Central-Eastern Europe (Kitchen specialists; Furniture retailers; Large furniture chains; Contract/Building trade; DIY stores)
Information on the competitive system include the analysis of the leading local and foreign players (especially from Italy and Germany) present in each price range and in each CE European country considered. Detailed tables show sales data and market shares for the leading kitchen furniture companies, and short profiles of the major players in the kitchen furniture industry are also available.
An address list of the major CE European kitchen furniture companies mentioned in the Report is included.
Central-Eastern Europe. Breakdown of kitchen furniture sales on the domestic market by distribution channel, 2013-2015-2017. Percentage shares in value
During the 2012-2017 period, the kitchen furniture market in Central-Eastern Europe increased at an yearly average rate of 4.5% in value and 2.7% in quantity. Higher the growth rate for the Imports (mainly from Italy and Germany), about 7.6% per year. Imports cover a 17% market share in value. Approximately 7,000 kitchens are sold in CE Europe in a price segment ranging from 5,000 to 7,000 Eur (factory price, excluding built-in appliances). To be noticed a fast decrease of solid surface materials, while the share for engineered stone products is going up. Laminated worktop is over 80% and the wooden solutions shows a decrease. Sales are decreasing among furniture stores and furniture chains, going up for kitchen specialists and DIY chains.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- Contents of the Report; Research tools and methodological notes; Terminology
- Overview of the kitchen furniture market in Central Eastern Europe
- Basic data and activity trend
- - Kitchen furniture production, international trade and consumption, 2012-2017. Eur million
- - Kitchen furniture production and consumption, 2012-2017. Thousand units
- Consumption breakdown by market segment
- - Sector estimates. 6 price ranges considered. Estimated breakdown of kitchen furniture supply by price range in a sample of companies
- Leading players in CE Europe and market shares
- - Sales data and market shares for the leading local and international companies
- - Estimated kitchen furniture sales in CE Europe and market shares for a sample of companies for each price range considered
- - Breakdown of Kitchen furniture sales by geographical area and by Central-Eastern European country
- - Kitchen furniture exports in a sample of 30 companies among the top local players
- Supply structure
- - Breakdown of kitchen furniture supply by cabinet door material, style, colour and lacquered type, by worktop material
- - Breakdown of kitchens supply by kitchen furniture and buil-in appliances sold through this channel
- - Breakdown of kitchen furniture sales on the domestic market by distribution channel, 2013-2015-2017
- Financial analysis
- - Financial results: ROI, ROE, EBITDA and EBIT ratio for a sample of 50 companies; Employment analysis: number of employees, turnover per employee, average cost of employee, cost of employees/turnover for a sample of companies
- 13 CEE Countries: Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia. For each country:
- Basic data, activity trend and macroeconomic indicators
- International trade
- - Exports and Imports of kitchen furniture by country and by geographical area of destination/origin, 2012-2017
- Leading players and market shares
- - Sales data and market shares of the leading kitchen furniture manufacturers and short profiles
- Appendix I: Focus on other 6 CE European countries (Albania, Bosnia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Ukraine)
- International trade and macroeconomic indicators
- Appendix II: Directory of CE European kitchen furniture companies
Selected companies mentioned:
A-G Dinas, Agata Meble, Ancona, Anna Cendrowski, Aran World, Arens, Arosa, Atlas, Bodzio, BRW, Dada, Dalia, Decodom, Diz Kuchnye, Elio, Eliza, Ewe, Haecker, Halupczok, Hanak, Ikea, Koryna, Lemet, Lube, Matis, Nett, Nobia, Nobilia, Roda, Rust, Sanas, Stolplyt, Valcucine, WFM
Share this Market Research
- Kitchen furniture: World market outlook
- Profiles of 50 major appliance manufacturers worldwide
- The kitchen furniture market in Japan and South Korea
- The European market for kitchen furniture. Part I
- The kitchen furniture market in the United States
- The European market for lighting fixtures. Part II
- The kitchen furniture market in China
- Built-in appliances distribution and brand image in Russia
- 500 companies in the kitchen furniture industry