The kitchen furniture market in India
April 2014, I Ed. , 87 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 1600.00 / US$ 1883.04
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: S76
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
This report offers a comprehensive picture of the kitchen furniture industry in India, providing trends and forecasts in kitchen furniture production and consumption, kitchen furniture imports and exports. Kitchen furniture prices, distribution and main players are also considered as well as the value and weight of the built-in appliances on kitchen furniture supply. 2008-2013 data on the kitchen furniture sector and macroeconomic forecast up to 2018.
The report provides a breakdown of supply of kitchen furniture by cabinet door material (solid wood, veneer, laminated, thermoplastics, lacquered, melamine, aluminium, glass), by cabinet door colour (white, bright, neutral), by cabinet door lacquering (bright, opaque) and by worktop material (solid surface materials, natural and engineered stone, laminated, tiles, steel, wood, glass).
A breakdown of Indian kitchen furniture exports and imports is provided by country and by geographical area.
Short company profiles of the top 50 kitchen furniture manufacturers are included.
The analysis of distribution channels for kitchen furniture covers: direct sales/contract, kitchen specialists, furniture shops.
The competitive system analyses the presence of the major kitchen furniture manufacturers in India and when possible the targeted market (towns, price level). Market shares are included for a sample of 50 companies.
Among the considered products: kitchen furniture, kitchens, kitchen cabinet doors, worktops, built-in appliances, hoods, sinks, ovens, hobs, refrigerators, dishwashers
A specific analysis on main players in the distribution is given for the six states and eight megacities that are considered strategic for the future of the kitchen furniture business.
Leading furniture importers are listed by city, as well as leading architects and interior designers.
Considered states include Delhi-Haryana, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Kerala, West Bengal. In the focused megacities a growth of household expenditure is given by around 50% from 2013 up to 2020, as an average
About 200 addresses of key operators (about 50 kitchen furniture manufacturers, other 150 among importers, retailers and architectural companies) are included.
The study has been carried out involving direct interviews in Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore.
Kitchen furniture imports in India by country of origin
During the 2008-2013 period, the kitchen furniture market in India increased from around 145,000 to 245,000 units (average 10%-11% per year). India is a relatively strong importer of kitchen furniture from Italy and Germany. Top 50 players listed in this Report cover around 60% of the Indian market for kitchen furniture. Kitchen furniture in India are mainly distributed by monobrand kitchen furniture specialists. Built-in appliances weight around 14% on the value of the kitchen sold. Most of the kitchen furniture sales is still concentrated in around 20 main cities
Abstract of Table of Contents
- 1 Basic data
- - The kitchen furniture market in India, 2013. Basic data
- - The kitchen furniture market in India, 2013. Breakdown by price range and reference prices
- 2 Activity trend
- - The kitchen furniture sector. Million EUR.
- 3 Trade
- - India. Kitchen furniture. Imports by country. 2007-2012. EUR
- - India. Kitchen furniture. Exports by country. 2007-2012. EUR
- 4 Competition
- 4.1 Top ten players
- 4.2 Other players: upper end
- 4.3 Other players: mass market
- 5 Distribution
- 5.1 Distribution channels
- - India. Kitchen furniture distribution, 2013. Percentages in value
- - Number of outlets and sales per outlet for a sample of Indian kitchen furniture players, 2013
- 5.2 Geographical coverage
- 5.3 Built-in appliances
- - India. Number of appliances and worktops per 100 kitchens sold
- 5.4 Product trends
- - India. Leading furniture importers by city
- - India. Leading architects and interior designers by city
- - India. Major logistic companies in the country
- 6 Structure of the offer
- 6.1 Drawers, hinges, metalware
- 7 Focus on selected “smart and fast” Indian cities towards 2020.
- 7.1 Delhi region
- 7.2 West Bengal Region
- 7.3 Maharashtra Region
- 7.4 Andhra Pradesh Region
- 7.5 Karnataka Region
- 7.6 Kerala Region
- 7.7 Central India Regions
- 7.8 South India Regions
- 8. Associations, Sector fairs and magazines
- 9. Demand Drivers
Selected companies mentioned:
Alno, Aran, Big Bazaar, Bulthaup, Décor Home, Evok, FabFurnish, Fortuna Kitchens, Godrej & Boyce, Hettich, HomeTown, Ikea Inox Décor, Interio Home, Kitchen Grace, Kukresa Associates, Lispo, Lube, Nilkamal, Nobilia, Nolte, Opolis Architects, Oppein,Pantaloon, Poggenpohl, Poliform. Reliance, Royal Interiors, Sauder,Sapna, Scavolini, Sleek, Sobha Style, The Furniture Shop, Vishal Retail, Veneta Cucine, Vivek, Yantra, Wudcraft, Zuari Furniture