The kitchen furniture market in India
April 2021, II Ed. , 85 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 1600.00 / US$ 1889.6
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: S76
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
The second edition of the Report The kitchen furniture market in India was produced using the following sources of information:
- field analysis and interviews
- desk research focusing on distributors/manufacturers working in the kitchen furniture industry and related activities;
- statistical and international sales data;
- general documentation relating to the kitchen furniture industry available both online and offline;
- official documents concerning macroeconomic trends and sector performances;
The report offers a comprehensive picture of the kitchen furniture industry in India, providing historical trends and forecasts in kitchen furniture production and consumption, imports and exports. Kitchen furniture sales by price ranges, product trends and supply structure, distribution system and main players are also considered as well as the value and weight of the built-in appliances on kitchen furniture supply.
The report provides a breakdown of kitchen furniture supply by cabinet door material (wood, veneer, laminated, slabs, thermoplastics, lacquered, plywood, melamine, steel, glass), by cabinet door colour (white, bright, neutral), by cabinet door lacquering (high gloss, opaque) and by worktop material (solid surface, stone, quartz, slabs, laminated, steel, wood, glass). Short profiles of the main local manufacturers of technical furniture fittings (Drawers, hinges, metalware) are also included.
A breakdown of Indian kitchen furniture exports and imports is provided by country and by geographical area of destination/origin.
The analysis of distribution system for kitchen furniture in India covers the following channels: direct sales/contract, kitchen specialists, furniture stores/chains, online sales. A list of leading furniture importers, architects and interior designers relevant for the kitchen furniture market is also provided by city, as well as the geographical breakdown of kitchen furniture sales in India for the main local companies.
The competitive system analyses the presence of the major kitchen furniture manufacturers in India, including short company profiles, sales data and market shares by price range, for a sample of 80 companies.
A focus on selected smart and fast Indian cities towards 2020 is also included.
Kitchen furniture sales by region 2020
The kitchen furniture market in India for the year 2020 is estimated by CSIL equal to 300 thousand units and 540 million USD in value (factory prices).
During the 2008-2013 period, the kitchen furniture market in India increased from around 145,000 to 210,000 units (average 8% per year).
From 2013 to 2019, the market increased from 200-220 thousand units, to over 300 thousand units.
Decrease during 2020 affected mainly the lower end of the market and imported units.
A jump to a market of 380 thousand kitchens can be expected within the next three years, and a target of around one million kitchens per year within ten years.
Considering the overall size of the Indian market, and its potential, it can be said that the kitchen furniture industry in India is just at its early steps.
As an average, a kitchen manufacturer produces approximately 60% of kitchen furniture and (as an average, ranging usually from 20% to 60%) 40% living furniture (less frequently bathroom, doors or other furniture).
Abstract of Table of Contents
- Research tools and methodology
- Activity trend and forecasts
- The kitchen furniture sector in India, activity trend 2014-2020 and forecasts 2021-2023
- The kitchen furniture market in India by price range, 2020. % share, values, volumes and average price
- International trade
- Exports and Imports of kitchen furniture by the main countries of destination/origin, 2015-2020
- Product trends and structure of the offer
- Breakdown of kitchen furniture sales by kind of doors and by kind of look
- Kitchen furniture breakdown by kind of worktop
- Drawers, hinges, metalware: Consumption of technical fittings breakdown by product type
- Top 60 Indian players and their presence on the Country
- Kitchen furniture sales in India, 2020. Market shares for the top 80 players
- Top players in the upper end segment; Top players in the mid end segment; Top players in the mass market
- Breakdown of kitchen furniture sales by distribution channel
- Number of outlets and sales per outlet for a sample of Indian kitchen furniture players
- List of builders relevant for the kitchen furniture market
- Breakdown of kitchen furniture sales by Geographic Area
- Number of appliances and worktops per 100 kitchens sold in a sample of companies
- Leading furniture importers, architects and interior designers by city
- Macroeconomic and growth drivers
- Focus on selected smart and fast Indian cities towards 2020
Selected companies mentioned:
Aran World, Arancia Kuchen, Aster Cucine, Aura Kitchens, Ballerina Küchen, Borchi, Bulthaup, Cromatica, Cubo Design - Miton, Dada, Euromobil, Evok by Hindware, Fotile, Godrej Interio, Häcker Küchen, Hexa, Homelane, Ikea, Interwood, Kook Kitchen Koncepts, Kuche 7, Kutchina, Leicht Küchen, Meine Kuche, MGM Cucine, Modulinea, Nobilia, Nolte Küchen, Officine Gullo, Ommag, Oppein, Pepperfry, Poggenpohl, Poliform, Saviesa, Scavolini, Signature Kitchen, Siravi, Sleek International, Snaidero, Spacewood, Stosa, Team 7, Tiara Furniture, Valcucine, Veneta Cucine, Wurfel Kuche
Share this Market Research