The kitchen furniture market in the United States
March 2017, V Ed. , 100 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 1600.00 / US$ 1804.48
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: S.34
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
The Report The kitchen furniture market in the United States now in its fifth edition, offers an in-deep analysis for the kitchen furniture sector, and an overview about the bathroom furniture market, with data on market size and its segmentation, activity trend and forecasts, international trade, distribution system and reference prices.
Short profiles of the leading US kitchen furniture manufacturers and distributors are also included as well as their market shares.
The report covers both kitchen furniture and built-in appliances sold through this channel.
The analysis of the US kitchen furniture imports and exports is provided by country and by geographical area of destination/origin, for the period 2011-2016.
The kitchen furniture production in the United States is broken down by style, cabinet door material, worktop material for a sample of companies.
The analysis of kitchen furniture distribution in the US market covers the following channels: Dealers/Kitchen specialists, Builders, Home improvement, Distributors, Buying groups, Architects, Design centers.
Reference prices of kitchens sold through these channels are also mentioned.
An overview of the construction and real estate market, as well as figures on population and disposable income in the United States are also included.
The main magazines, fairs and associations in the field of kitchen furniture in the United States are quoted.
The chapter on the competitive system analyses the main companies active in the US kitchen furniture market, providing short company profiles, data on kitchen furniture sales and market shares. Sales from Europe and China to North America are also included for a sample of companies.
A chapter is dedicated to major appliances with data on consumption and international trade by category (cooking appliances, hoods, microwave ovens, dishwashers, refrigerators and freezers), as well as data on reference prices.
A focus on the Bathroom furniture sector is also given, including market quantification, product trends, price analysis and competition. A specific description of the shower screens segment with profiles of the major manufacturers is also offered.
A list of the mentioned companies is included.
United States. Provenance of kitchen furniture imports 2016. US$ million
The US kitchen furniture market is the largest in the world and since 2012 it showed an uninterrupted positive performance.
According to CSIL estimates consumption increased by 4.5% in 2016 and an additional 4% is forecasted for 2017. About 6.8 million kitchens have been sold on the US market in 2016.
European products appears to be more and more appreciated and also the local manufacturing seems to be permeated by international styles. In fact the United States is the largest importer of kitchen furniture in the world with a relevant amount of USD 1,560 million in 2016 which almost tripled over the last years. Over 60% of this value originates in China and it is followed by Canada, Italy, Vietnam and Germany.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- Research Tools, Terminology and methodological notes
- THE KITCHEN FURNITURE SECTOR
- United States. Basic data: production, exports, imports, consumption in value and volume
- ACTIVITY TREND
- United States. Production, exports, imports, consumption: data 2010-2015
- United States. Kitchen furniture forecasts. Yearly average growth in real terms, 2017-2020
- INTERNATIONAL TRADE
- United States. Exports and imports of kitchen furniture by country and by geographical area of destination/origin, 2011-2016
- SUPPLY STRUCTURE
- Manufacturing presence
- - United States. Kitchen furniture. Establishments and employees by State
- - United States. Leading kitchen furniture manufacturers by number of employees, 2011-2014-2016
- Product breakdown
- - United States. Breakdown of kitchen furniture supply by type of cabinet: stock, semi-custom, custom
- Style, materials and colours
- - United States. Breakdown of kitchen furniture supply by style: traditional, transitional, modern/design
- - United States. Breakdown of kitchen furniture supply by wood type
- - United States. Breakdown of kitchen furniture supply by worktop material
- - United States. Consumption of major appliances, 2010-2016
- - United States. Prices in a sample of kitchen appliance sets, 2016
- Distribution channels
- - United States. Per capita personal consumption expenditure by state, 2015
- - United States. Median Household Income, 2015
- - United States. Kitchen furniture. Estimated consumption by State, 2016
- - United States. Breakdown kitchen furniture sales by distribution channel in a sample of companies
- - United States. Selection of kitchen specialists and showrooms in the main cities
- - United States. Top 50 architecture/design consulting firms
- - Furniture stores and main furniture chains
- Prices ; Kitchen Remodelling process ; Payment options
- American kitchen furniture brands
- - United States. Total sales of kitchen furniture in a sample of leading companies
- - United States. Sales of “Custom”, “Semi-Custom”, “Stock” kitchen cabinets in a sample of leading companies
- - United States. Kitchen cabinets. Sales through builders and sales through dealers in a smaple of leading companies
- Foreign kitchen furniture brands
- - United States. Kitchen Furniture. Sales in a sample of European and Chinese companies
- FOCUS ON: BATHROOM FURNITURE
- Basic data ; Bathroom trends ; Prices
- Leading manufacturers: United States. Bathroom furniture. Estimated sales in a sample of companies
- Shower screens: United States. Shower and bathtub screens consumption by application and by destination
- DEMAND DETERMINANTS
- Construction activity, Macroeconomic indicators, Demographics features
- TRADE FAIRS, MAGAZINES AND ASSOCIATIONS
- LIST OF LEADING KITCHEN AND BATHROOM MANUFACTURERS AND RETAILERS
Selected companies mentioned:
Alno, American Woodmark, Arc Linea, Barbosa, Bertch, Boffi, Crystal, Delta, Elkay, Fotile, Home Depot, Ikea, Kebao Boloni, Electrolux, Fotile, Ikea, Jenn-Air, Kohler, Lowe's, Marsh Furniture, Masco, Masterbrand Cabinets, Norcraft, Pedini, Plain & Fancy, Poggenpohl, RSI Home Products, Scavolini, Snaidero, U.S.Remodelers, Wood-Mode