The kitchen furniture market in the United States
March 2017, V Ed. , 100 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 1600.00 / US$ 1800
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: S.34
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
The report The kitchen furniture market in the United States now in its fifth edition, offers an in-depth analysis of the kitchen furniture sector, and an overview of the bathroom furniture market, with data on market size and segmentation, activity trends and forecasts, international trade, distribution system and reference prices.
Short profiles of the leading US kitchen furniture manufacturers and distributors are also included as well as their market shares.
The report covers both kitchen furniture and the built-in appliances sold through this channel.
An analysis of US kitchen furniture imports and exports is provided by country and by geographical area of destination/origin for the period 2011-2016.
Kitchen furniture production in the United States is broken down by style, cabinet door material, worktop material for a sample of companies.
The analysis of kitchen furniture distribution on the US market covers the following channels: dealers/kitchen specialists, builders, home improvement, distributors, buying groups, architects, design centres.
Reference prices for kitchens sold through these channels are also mentioned.
An overview of the construction and real estate markets, as well as figures for population and disposable income in the United States are included.
The main magazines, fairs and associations in the field of kitchen furniture in the United States are quoted.
The chapter on the competitive system analyses the main companies active on the US kitchen furniture market, providing short company profiles, data on kitchen furniture sales and market shares. Sales from Europe and China to North America are also included for a sample of companies.
A chapter is dedicated to major appliances with data on consumption and international trade by category (cooking appliances, hoods, microwave ovens, dishwashers, refrigerators and freezers), as well as data on reference prices.
A focus on the bathroom furniture sector is also given, including market quantification, product trends, price analysis and competition. A specific description of the shower screen segment with profiles of the major manufacturers is also offered.
A list of the companies mentioned is included.
United States. Provenance of kitchen furniture imports 2016. US$ million
The US kitchen furniture market is the largest in the world and since 2012 it has recorded an uninterrupted positive performance.
According to CSIL estimates, consumption increased by 4.5% in 2016 and an additional 4% is forecasted for 2017. About 6.8 million kitchens were sold on the US market in 2016.
European products appear to be increasingly popular and local manufacturing seems to be permeated by international styles. In fact, the United States is the world's largest importer of kitchen furniture with a sizeable US$ 1,6 billion in 2016, which has almost tripled over the recent years. Over 60% of this value originates in China and it is followed by Canada, Italy, Vietnam and Germany.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- Research Tools, Terminology and methodological notes
- THE KITCHEN FURNITURE SECTOR
- United States. Basic data: production, exports, imports, consumption in value and volume
- ACTIVITY TREND
- United States. Production, exports, imports, consumption: data 2010-2015
- United States. Kitchen furniture forecasts. Yearly average growth in real terms, 2017-2020
- INTERNATIONAL TRADE
- United States. Exports and imports of kitchen furniture by country and by geographical area of destination/origin, 2011-2016
- SUPPLY STRUCTURE
- Manufacturing presence
- - United States. Kitchen furniture. Establishments and employees by State
- - United States. Leading kitchen furniture manufacturers by number of employees, 2011-2014-2016
- Product breakdown
- - United States. Breakdown of kitchen furniture supply by type of cabinet: stock, semi-custom, custom
- Style, materials and colours
- - United States. Breakdown of kitchen furniture supply by style: traditional, transitional, modern/design
- - United States. Breakdown of kitchen furniture supply by wood type
- - United States. Breakdown of kitchen furniture supply by worktop material
- - United States. Consumption of major appliances, 2010-2016
- - United States. Prices in a sample of kitchen appliance sets, 2016
- Distribution channels
- - United States. Per capita personal consumption expenditure by state, 2015
- - United States. Median Household Income, 2015
- - United States. Kitchen furniture. Estimated consumption by State, 2016
- - United States. Breakdown kitchen furniture sales by distribution channel in a sample of companies
- - United States. Selection of kitchen specialists and showrooms in the main cities
- - United States. Top 50 architecture/design consulting firms
- - Furniture stores and main furniture chains
- Prices ; Kitchen Remodelling process ; Payment options
- American kitchen furniture brands
- - United States. Total sales of kitchen furniture in a sample of leading companies
- - United States. Sales of “Custom”, “Semi-Custom”, “Stock” kitchen cabinets in a sample of leading companies
- - United States. Kitchen cabinets. Sales through builders and sales through dealers in a smaple of leading companies
- Foreign kitchen furniture brands
- - United States. Kitchen Furniture. Sales in a sample of European and Chinese companies
- FOCUS ON: BATHROOM FURNITURE
- Basic data ; Bathroom trends ; Prices
- Leading manufacturers: United States. Bathroom furniture. Estimated sales in a sample of companies
- Shower screens: United States. Shower and bathtub screens consumption by application and by destination
- DEMAND DETERMINANTS
- Construction activity, Macroeconomic indicators, Demographics features
- TRADE FAIRS, MAGAZINES AND ASSOCIATIONS
- LIST OF LEADING KITCHEN AND BATHROOM MANUFACTURERS AND RETAILERS
Selected companies mentioned:
Alno, American Woodmark, Arc Linea, Barbosa, Bertch, Boffi, Crystal, Delta, Elkay, Fotile, Home Depot, Ikea, Kebao Boloni, Electrolux, Fotile, Ikea, Jenn-Air, Kohler, Lowe's, Marsh Furniture, Masco, Masterbrand Cabinets, Norcraft, Pedini, Plain & Fancy, Poggenpohl, RSI Home Products, Scavolini, Snaidero, U.S.Remodelers, Wood-Mode
Share this Market Research