The kitchen furniture market in the United States
July 2021, VII Ed. , 138 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 1600.00 / US$ 1889.6
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: S.34
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
The report The Kitchen Furniture Market in the United States, now in its seventh edition, offers an in-deep analysis of the kitchen furniture sector, providing trends and forecasts for production, consumption, imports and exports, market shares, prices (clustered in six price groups), marketing policies and distribution system.
The report was produced using the following sources:
- interviews with key players in the market and other key testimonials;
- geo-localisation (around 1,000 useful contacts in 16 targeted metropolitan areas);
- desk research analysis of trade statistics, annual reports and other existing literature;
- general documentation relating to the kitchen industry available both online and offline.
The analysis of the US kitchen furniture imports and exports is provided by country and by geographical area of destination/origin, for the period 2015-2020.
The kitchen furniture production in the United States is broken down by type of cabinet, style, cabinet door material, countertop material for a sample of companies.
The analysis of kitchen furniture distribution in the US market covers the following channels: Kitchen specialists, Home improvement, Builders, Contract, and Furniture stores/chains. A list of around 300 interior decorators and around 1,000 premium kitchen quality stores in the top 20 Local markets are available.
An overview of the construction and real estate market, as well as figures on population and disposable income in the United States are also included.
The chapter on the competitive system analyses the main manufacturers and distributors active in the US kitchen furniture market, providing short company profiles, data on kitchen furniture sales by price range, and market shares. Sales from Europe and China to North America are also included for a sample of companies (approximately 40%-50% of the US imports of kitchen furniture).
The United States has been divided into the following regions:
- New England: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont;
- Mideast: Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania;
- Great Lakes: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin;
- Plains: Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota;
- Southeast: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia;
- Southwest: Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas;
- Rocky Mountain: Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Utah, Wyoming;
- Far West: Alaska, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Oregon, Washington.
Major Local markets monitored>
Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth, Detroit, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis-Saint Paul, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington.
A focus on kitchen furniture stores in New York
According to CSIL estimates, the kitchen furniture market in the United States worth around 16.2 billion USD at factory prices, in the year 2020, with a 1% growth in value on the previous year. Full year 2021 industry sales are expected to be a substantial 13.4% higher than last year. Unlike the DIY trend of 2020, kitchen and bath remodelling will be driven by mid- and high-spend projects in 2021.
Around 7.4 million kitchens have been sold on the US market in 2020.
Top Local players hold around 60% of the market value. Local SMEs and foreign players fight for the remain 40% (around one million kitchens in the middle, upper and luxury ranges).
Kitchen exports are almost not relevant (less than 100 million USD) while imports are relevant (1.8 billion USD) and on a growing trend (+6.8% in 2020)
Abstract of Table of Contents
- Research Tools, Terminology and methodological notes
- BASIC DATA
- United States. Kitchen furniture production, exports, imports and consumption, in value and volume
- United States. Kitchen furniture market breakdown by price ranges. USD million and thousand units
- ACTIVITY TREND AND FORECAST
- United States. Kitchen furniture production, exports, imports and consumption: 2015-2020 estimated data and 2021 forecast
- United States. Number of kitchen sold by destination
- INTERNATIONAL TRADE
- United States. Exports and imports of kitchen furniture by country and by geographical area of destination/origin, 2015-2020
- United States. Exports and imports of of major appliances, 2015-2020
- SUPPLY STRUCTURE
- Product breakdown
- - United States. Breakdown of kitchen furniture supply by type of cabinet: custom, semi-custom, stock
- Style, materials and colours
- - United States. Breakdown of kitchen furniture supply by style: traditional, transitional, modern/design
- - United States. Breakdown of kitchen furniture supply by cabinet door material
- - United States. Breakdown of kitchen furniture supply by worktop material
- Manufacturing presence
- - United States. Kitchen furniture. Number of establishments by State
- - United States. Kitchen furniture. Employment and costs
- - United States. Number of employees for a sample of leading companies, 2014-2016-2018-2020
- Appliances, Cookware, Lighting
- Sales by State
- - United States. Per capita personal consumption expenditure by state
- - United States. Kitchen furniture. Estimated consumption by State
- Major metropolitan market
- - City Highlights, Economic and business indicators, Flagship stores and distribution of kitchen furniture outlets for over 20 US cities
- Distribution channels
- - United States. Breakdown of kitchen furniture sales by distribution channel for a sample of companies
- - United States. Interior design in selected cities
- - United States. Some of the major design centers
- - United States. Top 50 architecture/design consulting firms
- Kitchen Remodelling process and Payment options
- Top players. Kitchen furniture sales and production in the USA
- - United States. Kitchen furniture production and market shares of 50 among the leading US companies
- - Kitchen furniture sales in the US and market shares of 50 among the leading companies
- - United States. Kitchen furniture sales in a sample of leading companies by price range (low, middle-low, middle, middle-upper, upper, luxury)
- DEMAND DETERMINANTS
- Construction activity, Macroeconomic indicators, Demographics features
- DIRECTORY OF LEADING KITCHEN FURNITURE PLAYERS IN THE US MARKET
Selected companies mentioned:
AC Products, American Woodmark, Arclinea, Aster, Bakes & Kropp, Barbosa, Bellmont, Bertch, Bilotta, Boffi, Bridgewood, Bulthaup, Cabico, Cabinetworks, Cambria, Canyon Creek, Crystal, Dada, Décor Cabinets, Dellanno, DeWils, Downsview, Dura Supreme, Eggersmann, Elkay, Fabuwood, Foremost, GoldenHome, Hettich, Home Depot, Kountry Wood Products, Huntwood, Ikea, Innocraft, Interni, Kitchen Kompact, Kith Kitchens, Lanz Cabinet, Leicht, Marsh Furniture, Masco, Masterbrand Cabinets, Mosian, Norcraft, Officine Gullo, Oppein, Pedini, Plain & Fancy, Poggenpohl, Poliform, ProCraft, Rutt, Scavolini, Skyline, Snaidero, Tru Cabinets, U.S. Cabinet Depot, Valcucine, Wellborn, Wood-Mode, WW Wood Products, Zboom
Share this Market Research