The office furniture market in the United States
July 2016, V Ed. , 86 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 1600.00 / US$ 1887.04
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: S06
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
CSIL Market Research The office furniture market in the United States provides an overview of the office furniture market in the USA with historical trends of production and consumption, imports and exports data.
The report is enhanced by an in-depth analysis of the competitive system in terms of company dimension, manufacturing locations and product breakdown.
Figures on sales and estimates on market shares of the leading office furniture manufacturers operating in the United States are also available (total office furniture production and segments: seating, operative desks, executive furniture, storage, other products). The sample has been extended to more than 100 among the leading North American manufacturers.
Short profiles of the top office furniture manufacturers are also available.
Office furniture market is analysed by segment (office seating, operative desks, executive furniture, office storage, other products)
Office furniture imports and exports are broken down by country and by geographical area of origin/destination.
A focus on the domestic market includes sales by region and by main distribution channel. A directory of some of the main dealerships in major metropolitan areas is also included.
An analysis of the market potential focuses on non-residential construction sector: office, lodging, healthcare, educational, etc. Values on construction put in place and forecasts until 2020 are also provided.
Over 100 addresses of key operators are included. The study has been carried out involving direct interviews with more than 100 sector firms, distributors and sector experts operating in North America.
The furniture industry in the United States continues to be very strong, having the economy showed a good performance in 2015. Within the US furniture industry, office furniture is one of the fast-growing segments.
The office furniture industry in the United States has been historically located in the Mid-West and partially in the North Eastern regions: Michigan, Indiana, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, New York, Wisconsin and Illinois are estimated to host around 45% of total sector employment (US Census).
With a value of around USD 13 billion, the US office furniture market experienced a fast increase after the global recession, recovering and approaching the pre-crisis value. Domestic production also registered a good performance, as well as imports of office furniture.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- 1. INTRODUCTION. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY, RESEARCH TOOLS AND METHODOLOGICAL NOTES
- The United States Economy Outlook. GDP, consumer confidece, construction activity.
- 2. THE OFFICE FURNITURE SECTOR IN THE USA
- 2.1. Basic data and major world markets. Global sales of top corporations.
- - Office furniture. Consumption, Production, Imports and Exports
- - Office seating. Consumption, Production, Imports and Exports
- - Office furniture (excl. Seating). Consumption, Production, Imports and Exports
- 2.2. Office furniture consumption forecasts to 2017.
- 3. THE SUPPLY STRUCTURE
- 3.1. Manufacturing presence. Establishments and employees.
- - Leading US office furniture manufacturers by number of employees
- 4. THE US MARKET
- 4.1. Product segments. Market breakdown.
- - Office seating. Breakdown by kind and by covering material
- - Office desking. Incidence of “sit-stand” and breakdown by material
- 4.2. Sales of office furniture by region. Office furniture consumption by State.
- 5. THE COMPETITIVE SYSTEM
- 5.1. Market share. Total sales of office furniture in a sample of leading companies.
- 5.2. Sales by product in a sample of leading companies.
- - Seating
- - Office desking
- - Executive furniture
- - Office filing and storage
- - Furniture for communal areas
- - Demountable walls and other products
- 6. THE DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM
- 6.1. Distribution of office furniture in the USA.
- 6.2. Distribution channels. Percentage shares and dealerships in the largest cities.
- 7. INTERNATIONAL TRADE FOR OFFICE FURNITURE
- 7.1 Imports
- - Breakdown by country of origin
- - Imports of office seating by country and by geographical area
- - Imports of office furniture excluding seating) by country and by geographical area
- - Sales of foreign companies in the United States
- 7.2. Exports
- - Breakdown by destination country
- - Breakdown by product
- - Exports of office seating by country and by geographical area
- - Exports of office furniture (excluding seating) by country and by geographical area
- 8. DEMAND DETERMINANTS
- 8.1. Non Residential Construction activity and forecasts.
- - Office
- - Lodging
- - Healthcare
- - Education
- - Amusement and ricreation
- ANNEX 1. ADDITIONAL STATISTICS. MACROECONOMIC INDICATORS AND DEMOGRAPHICS FEATURES
- ANNEX 2 TRADE FAIRS, MAGAZINES AND ASSOCIATIONS
- ANNEX 3. LIST OF MANUFACTURERS AND RETAILERS
Share this Market Research
- The office furniture market in the United States
- The European market for RTA furniture
- The contract furniture and furnishings market in Europe
- The office furniture market in Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic and Romania
- The office furniture market in Asia Pacific
- The Italian market for office furniture
- The office furniture market in Russia and Ukraine
- The Spanish market for office furniture