Trade fairs for the furniture sector
October 2003, I Ed. , 266 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 600.00 / US$ 675
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: S.20
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
This report provides a worldwide outlook of the trade fairs for the furniture industry, taking into consideration the role and success factors of trade exhibitions, the role of fairs promoters and organisers, the criteria to evaluate participation in trade fairs and recent developments in the furniture trade system.
A comparative analysis of the leading furniture exhibitions at worldwide level is provided through a benchmarking exercise which considers a wide range of parameters. The main furniture fairs are ranked by: rental cost per square meter, cost of participation per visitor, number of exhibitors, degree of internationalisation, number of visitors (trade visitors, foreign visitors, visitors/exhibitors ratio, visitors per day), net exhibition space, attractiveness indicator (exhibitors + visitors).
Detailed profiles of 56 leading furniture trade fairs in North and South America, Western and Eastern Europe, Asia and Oceania are available with fair details (location, dates, duration, frequency, exhibited products, exhibition space, cost per sq.m, contact cost per visitor), exhibitors' and visitors' profile, information on the fair development.
Addresses of about 300 trade fairs for the furniture industry and 80 fair organisers are also included.
Countries covered: Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States.
Among the considered products: office furniture, contract and hotel furniture, home furniture (household furniture), kitchen furniture, upholstered furniture, lighting.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- Role and success factors of trade fairs
- The functions of trade fairs
- Promoters and organisers of trade fairs
- Attending trade fairs as exhibitors
- Trade fairs for the furniture sector: recent developments and strategies
- Trade fairs for the furniture sector: the competitive system
- Performance criteria to evaluate participation in trade fairs
- Ranking of furniture trade fairs by:
- - rental cost per square meter
- - cost of participation per visitor
- - number of exhibitors
- - degree of internationalisation
- - number of visitors (trade visitors, foreign visitors, visitors/exhibitors ratio, visitors/day)
- - net exhibition space
- - attractiveness indicator (exhibitors + visitors)
- Profiles of 56 leading furniture trade fairs
- For each exhibition:
- - name, location, dates, duration, frequency, exhibited products
- - summary information 2002: exhibition space, cost per sq.m, contact cost per visitor
- - exhibition hall: net exhibit area, net exhibit area per exhibitor
- - exhibitors' profile: domestic and foreign exhibitors
- - visitors' profile: trade visitors, domestic and foreign visitors, visitors per exhibitor
- - attractiveness indicator, fair development
- - addresses of about 300 trade fairs for the furniture sector
- - addresses of about 80 trade fair organisers
Selected companies mentioned:
Birmingham Furniture Show, CEBU X, CIFF China International Furniture Fair, Euroexpofurniture, Expo Mueble International, Expomovel, Fenavem, Feria Internacional del Mueble de Madrid, Furnitex, Habitare, HomeMakers, Hong Kong Houseware Fair, imm Cologne, Interiors Moscow, Kofurn, Mebel, Meble, MIFF - Malaysian International Furniture Fair, Mobis, Modeco, Movelsul Brasil, Orgatec, Promosedia, ROM, Salon du Meuble de Paris, Salone Internazionale del Mobile, Saudi Furniture and Interiors, SMI - Swiss International Furniture Fair, Stockholm Furniture Fair and Lighting, Wohnen und Interieur
Share this Market Research