Trends in the European Office Market: the Dealer Point of View
December 2017, I Ed. , 40 pages
Special Price: EUR 1000.00 EUR 1600.00 / US$ 1225.5
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: EU33
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
The European market for office furniture is currently showing signs of a general recovery. Following two years of consecutive growth the market is expected to further improve its performance both in 2018 and 2019.
In such a context, CSIL decided to launch a survey with the aim to understand and describe the expectations of European office furniture distributors and the main sector trends over the next two years.
The analysis involved around one hundred office furniture distributors (dealers, distributors, interior designers, specifiers) located in Western Europe and tested by CSIL in September-November 2017.
The survey has been launched for a better understanding of the office furniture sector perspectives in Europe gathering the expectations of the distribution companies for the period 2018-2019. The analysis involved around one hundred office furniture distributors (dealers, distributors, interior designers, specifiers) located in Western Europe and tested by CSIL in September-November 2017.
In particular the analysis has been concentrated on:
- The office furniture market and forecasts
- Quantification and performance of the main customer segments
- Factors influencing the client purchasing decision
- Average customer budgets by product category, both for corporate tenders and for individuals
- Trends for single office seating categories, use of sit-stand desks and evolution of office furniture areas
- Use of e-commerce and perspectives
- Expansion of product portfolio and new product categories to be introduced
- Location of suppliers and delivery terms
The countries were divided into four areas according to their geographical proximity and similarity in market characteristics. These areas are:
- Scandinavia: Denmark (DK), Finland (FI), Norway (NO) and Sweden (SE);
- Central Europe (DACH): Germany (DE), Austria (AT) and Switzerland (CH);
- Western Europe: Belgium (BE), France (FR), Ireland (IE), Netherlands (NL) and the United Kingdom (UK).
- Southern Europe: Greece (GR), Italy (IT), Portugal (PT) and Spain (ES);
Sample. The use of e-commerce channel and perspectives. Percentages
The European market for office furniture is in a general recovery condition. Following two years of consecutive growth the market is expected to further improve its performance both in 2018 and in 2019. In such a context this survey has been aimed at understanding and describing the expectations of European distributors on the main sector trends in the next two years.
As the office distribution is progressively transforming from a simple supply of furniture items to a more global offer of service, consultancy and projects, the vast majority of survey respondents declared intentions to expand their offer and product portfolio.
Distributors are also paying attention to the new instruments for customer approach. The fact that customers (individuals and professionals in particular) look to Social Media for ideas, information and product reviews cannot be disregarded when developing a marketing and advertising campaign. In fact, a relevant part of interviewees is considering to invest in e-commerce within 2019.
Research findings are also shown by single geographic region and, when relevant, according to the dimension of distributors (small or medium-large companies).
Abstract of Table of Contents
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 1. INTRODUCTION
- Other CSIL reports on the office furniture industry and e-commerce
- The sample
- 2. THE EUROPEAN OFFICE FURNITURE MARKET
- The office furniture market
- 3. DISTRIBUTORS PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
- Brand policy
- 4. CUSTOMER ANALYSIS
- The purchasing decision
- Average customer budgets
- 5. PRODUCT TRENDS
- Office spaces
- Sit-stand desks
- 6. SUPPLIERS
- Location of suppliers
- Terms of delivery
- 7. E-COMMERCE EVOLUTION
- ANNEX 1. THE QUESTIONNAIRE