The upholstered furniture market in Italy
November 2021, IV Ed. , 63 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 2600.00 / US$ 2736.24
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Language: Italian - Report in Italian language only
Report Code: IT.25
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
The CSIL Report The upholstered furniture market in Italy (Italian language only) provides in-depth analysis of the upholstered furniture sector through statistical data of production, consumption, imports and exports (2012-2021) and consumption forecasts (2022-2023).
The competitive system is analyzed by identifying the main manufacturing companies in terms of turnover, production of upholstered furniture and number of employees. On the supply side, the report provides the breakdown of upholstered furniture production by material (leather, fabric and other materials).
The report includes an in-depth analysis of the retailing system of the upholstered furniture market in Italy, which includes the estimate of the market at retailing prices (2014-2021), the breakdown of consumption by distribution channel, and the analysis of the main large-scale furniture distribution and the organized distribution specialized in upholstered furniture.
To complete the analysis, the study includes a territorial analysis of upholstered furniture consumption by geographical area (North-East, North-West, Center, South and Islands) and by province.
The analysis by province is enriched by single summary tables, each including the value of consumption of upholstered furniture, a selection of socio-demographic and economic indicators, consumption of upholstered furniture and the number of independent stores selected by CSIL.
A directory of over 1,900 independent upholstered furniture stores, in Excel format, is attached to the report.
Upholstered Furniture Consumption Italy 2021
The year 2021 was particularly positive for the upholstered furniture market in Italy, which recorded a double-digit growth compared to 2020, thus exceeding the value of 1 Euro billion and fully recovering the decrease of 2020.
According to CSIL preliminary estimates, in 2022 the growth path of the market will strengthen especially during the second half of the year and will continue in 2023. This growth is in line with that of the main European markets, such as France and the United Kingdom and higher than the others, for example Germany.
On the production side, the sector is also dynamic, driven by a growing propensity to export, which accounts for about 75% of the production of upholstered furniture. Among the main destination markets, the American one (second market for consumption of upholstered furniture in the world) is among the fastest growing for Italian upholstered furniture exports.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- INTRODUCTION. Methodological notes
- 1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY.
- 2. BASIC DATA AND TRENDS. The Italian upholstered furniture sector from 2012 to 2021
- 3. PRODUCTION OF UPHOLSTERED FURNITURE IN ITALY
- - Production of upholstered furniture in value and number of seats
- - Production of upholstered furniture and export/production ratio
- EXPORTS. Exports of upholstered furniture in value and variations by country and geographical area of destination
- 4. THE COMPETITIVE SYSTEM
- - The main upholstered furniture manufacturers in Italy by total turnover, production of upholstered furniture and number of employees
- - Profiles of the main producers of upholstered furniture in Italy
- 5. THE UPHOLSTERED FURNNITURE MARKET IN ITALY
- - Macroeconomic framework and demand determinants
- - Consumption of upholstered furniture (at producer prices) in value
- - Upholstered furniture consumption forecasts (2022-2023)
- IMPORTS. Imports of upholstered furniture in values and variations by country and geographical area of origin
- 6. THE DISTRIBUTION
- - Consumption of upholstered furniture at retail prices
- DISTRIBUTION CHANNELS. Upholstered furniture sales by distribution channel
- - Main operators of large-scale distribution and organized distribution specializing in upholstered furniture by total sales, variations of sales (2020/2015) and number of retail shops
- - Profiles
- TERRITORIAL ANALYSIS. Consumption of upholstered furniture by geographical area (North-West, North-East, Center, South and Islands) and by province
- 7. DETAILS OF THE COMPANIES MENTIONED
- EXCEL FILE ATTACHMENTS
- PROVINCES TABLES
- - Socio-demographic and economic data by province
- - Consumption of upholstered furniture in the province, geographical area
- - Number of independent stores selected in the province, geographical area
- DIRECTORY OF INDEPENDENT RETAILERS OF UPHOLSTERED FURNITURE
- - Company name, Address, Phone, email, website, brands
Selected companies mentioned:
Natuzzi, Poltrona Frau, Chateau d'ax, Minotti, ATL Group, B&B Italia, Poliform, Flexform, IKEA, Mondo Convenienza, Poltronesofà, GruppoSME, Conforama, Maisons du Monde, Arredissima, Jysk, Nuovarredo, Febal Casa, Dondi
Share this Market Research