The world market for safety syringes
January 2021, I Ed. , 50 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 5000.00 / US$ 5944
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: W32
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
The CSIL Report The world market for safety syringes provides a comprehensive market intelligence on the global level of safety syringes. The findings of the Report focus on safety syringes, but during the analysis other types of syringes have been considered. The research aims at better understanding the global market for safety syringes, its international competitive landscape, and the new opportunities arising from the evolution of its regulation frameworks and the COVID-19 outbreaks.
Europe (European Union + UK); USA; Canada; Asia-Pacific (Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, South Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, and Thailand); Middle East (Iran, Iraq, Israel, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Syria, and United Arab Emirates); South Americ (Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru, and Venezuela); Others (Rest of the world).
The Report lists the main injection safety legislations signed by governments and international organizations, which are leading the transition from traditional to safety-engineered syringes in health care settings in order to reduce needle stick injuries.
MARKET OVERVIEW AND FORECASTS
- Syringes imports and exports are broken down by country and by geographical area of destination/origin. The time frame considered is 2009-2019.
- The global consumption of syringes is reported in volume and value and it is broken down by geographical area, by application and product. The time frame considered is: 2010-2019. In this section is estimated the size of the market for medical and surgical syringes for human applications and the market for safety syringes (value and volume, 2019).
- The forecasted evolution of the demand for medical and surgical syringes as well as for safety syringes is provided in volume for the years 2018-2025.
An analysis of the leading players selling safety syringes is provided. Sales data, market shares and short profiles of the leading players in the safety syringes industry are also available.
An appendix on the Covid-19 vaccine pre-purchases across the globe and total number of COVID-19 vaccinations administered in 2020 is also included.
World. Consumption of safety syringes, 2018-2020 estimation and 2021-2025 forecasts.Million units
In some countries as many as 90% of the injections given are unsafe. 24 million people in developing countries around the world are infected yearly. In order to reduce needle stick injuries, governments and international organizations are leading the transition from traditional to safety-engineered syringes in health care settings.
The outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic has created an additional pressure to the makers of safety syringes to expand their manufacturing capacity in order to satisfy the demand generated by upcoming vaccination campaign.
As a result, the share of safety syringes is expected to pass from 12% in 2019 to 31% in 2025 out of the total number of medical and surgical syringes sold worldwide, which is projected to reach a volume of over 74 billion syringes sold in 2025.
The market for safety syringes is highly concentrated the top 15 companies in CSIL sample account for almost 70% of the market value. The largest player is by far Becton Dickinson, which has a market share of over 27%.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- Contents of the Report; Research tools and methodological notes; Terminology
- Introduction and product definitions
- General definitions
- Safety syringe definitions: types, advantages, disadvantages and cost profile
- Legal frameworks
- Injection safety legislation
- Case study: Egypt
- Global market evolution and forecasts
- The world trade of syringes: exports and imports 2014-2019, by country and by geographical area of destination/origin
- The market of syringes (size, evolution, and breakdowns): world consumption of syringes, 2010-2019 (volume, value, average price)
- - Market breakdown by geographical area: world consumption of syringes by geographical area, 2015-2019 (volume, value, average price)
- - Market breakdown by application: world consumption of mediacal syringe by type 2018-2019 (value); world consumption of safety syringes, 2019 (volume, value)
- Forecasts for the safety syringe market
- - Additional demand of syringes for the vaccination campaign, 2020-2025 (volume)
- - Worktop material
- - World consumption of safety syringes, 2018-2019 estimation and 2021-2025 forecasts (volume)
- The competitive system
- Total sales of safety syringes in a selected sample of companies: sales data, market shares and short profiles
- Covid-19 vaccine pre-purchases across the globe
- Total number of COVID-19 vaccinations administered in 2020
Selected companies mentioned:
Abu Dhabi Medical Devices, Ameco, Becton Dickinson, Braun, Cardinal Health, Hindustan Syringes & Medical Devices, Medline, Nipro, Retractable Technologies, Safegard Medical, Smiths Medical, Sol-Millenium, Terumo, Wenzhou Beipu Science & Technology
Share this Market Research