India Furniture Outlook
December 2018, VIII Ed. , 72 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 950.00 / US$ 941.93
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: W8.IN
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
With a population of 1.3 billion inhabitants, India is one of the largest economies in the world, that has experienced a remarkable development in recent years. According to CSIL, India is the 4th furniture consuming country and the 5th largest furniture producers at a global level.
CSIL Market Research Report India Furniture Outlook is part of the CSIL Country Furniture Outlook Series, covering 100 countries at present, and containing useful data and indicators to analyse the furniture market and to understand its potential.
An executive summary introduces the key facts of the Indian furniture sector: the Indian performance in the furniture market, CSIL's assessment of market potential and prospects for the coming years, the determinants of furniture demand, the international trading activity and major trading partners, the production and the competitive systems analysis, insights on furniture segments and furniture distribution system (retail, e-commerce and main operators).
The report includes a series of tables, graphs and maps for an in-depth analysis of:
- The Indian furniture market (furniture consumption for the time series 2008-2018, economic environment and furniture market forecasts up to 2020);
- How easy is to do business in the country and business climate determinants;
- Furniture demand determinants (population, states and main cities, per-capita income, private consumption expenditure, real estate and housing development, travel and tourism);
- Trends in furniture consumption and consumption by segment;
- Trends in furniture imports, imports by segment, origin of furniture imports (geographical regions and countries);
- The productive factors (forest resources, distribution of land, consumption and imports of wood-based panels, imports of woodworking machinery);
- Trends in furniture production and production by segment;
- Trends in furniture exports, exports by segment and destination of furniture exports (geographical regions and countries);
Who are the key furniture players?
The report also provides a list of major furniture companies operating in the country (Company Name, Activity, Product Portfolio, Website, Furniture turnover range, Location) and information for other furniture companies in the Indian market.
Considered segments: upholstered furniture, office furniture, kitchen furniture and other furniture.
India is one of the largest and fastest-growing economies in the world. The steady increase in the Indian economy and growing spending powers have fuelled the development of the furniture market in the last decade. The market, growing annually at an average rate of 7%, has reached in 2018 a new peak of more than 15 billion US$. India, which ranked 10th in 2008, represents currently the 4th furniture market among the main furniture markets of the world.
The bulk of the market goes to the unorganised sector. However, with liberalization, with an increasing number of foreign companies going to India, and with the expansion of online sales, the organised sector evolved significantly and expanded its market share over the past decade. Furthermore, the recent entry of Ikea into India, is expected to push the country's unorganised furniture segment to the organised sector and accelerate expansion of the manufacturing base.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY. KEY FACTS OF THE FURNITURE SECTOR IN INDIA
- Market size and prospects, domestic production, productive and competitive system, international trade, distribution channels and retail
- THE INDIAN FURNITURE MARKET POTENTIAL. MARKET SIZE AND FORECASTS
- Furniture consumption in India (2008-2018)
- Economic environment and Furniture market forecasts up to 2020
- BUSINESS CLIMATE
- Rankings and indicators
- DEMAND DETERMINANTS
- Population, States and main cities, Per capita income, Private consumption expenditure, Real estate and housing development, Travel and Tourism
- FURNITURE CONSUMPTION
- Furniture consumption and consumption by segment
- FURNITURE IMPORTS
- Furniture imports and furniture consumption
- - Imports/consumption ratio by segment
- Origin of furniture imports
- Furniture imports by segment and origin
- Imports and exports of furniture parts. Origin and Destination.
- PRODUCTIVE FACTORS
- Forest resources, distribution of land, consumption and imports of wood-based panels, imports of woodworking machinery
- FURNITURE PRODUCTION
- Furniture production and production by segment
- FURNITURE EXPORTS
- Furniture exports and furniture production
- - Exports/production ratio by segment
- Destination of furniture exports
- Furniture exports by segment and destination
- THE COMPETITIVE SYSTEM
- Major furniture manufacturers in India
- Other furniture companies
- Country Rankings
- Socio-Economic Data
- Furniture Data
- Furniture Exports
- - Exports of furniture by product
- - Exports of furniture by country and by geographical area
- Furniture Imports
- - Imports of furniture by product
- - Imports of furniture by country and by geographical area
- METHODOLOGICAL NOTES
Selected companies mentioned:
Cherry Hill, Continental Furnishers, Damro Furniture, Durian, Ergomaxx India, Eurotech Design Systems, Featherlite Products, Geeken Seating Collection, Godrej Interio, Haworth, Herman Miller, HNI Office, House-Full International, Indian Furniture Products, Kompress, Kurlon, Methodex Systems, Modfurn Furniture, National Plastic Industries, Nilkamal Plastic, Om Vishwakarma Furniture, Parin Furniture, Sleek International, Spacewood Furnishers, Stanley Lifestyles, Sumitra Woodcraft , Supreme Industries, Talin Modular Office Furniture Systems, Timbor Home, Wipro Furniture Business.
Share this Market Research
- World Furniture Outlook 2020/2021
- Furniture retailing in Europe
- The office furniture market in Asia Pacific and China
- The office furniture market in India
- United States Furniture Outlook
- The furniture industry in South East Asia. Outlook for 5 emerging manufacturing countries: Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam