The European market for kitchen furniture
April 2022, XXXII Ed. , 294 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 4000.00 / US$ 4357.6
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: EU04
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
The Report 'The European market for kitchen furniture' analyses the production, consumption, international trade and distribution of kitchen furniture in 30 European countries.
The Report covers both kitchen furniture (at least six cabinets) and the built-in appliances sold through this channel. Completions or 'tails' (namely two or three units or less than one linear metre) were not considered in the number of kitchens sold because this would have significantly increased the number of statistical units, thus modifying average prices.
This Report is the result of:
- information collected on approximately 150 sector companies, which are representative of 80% of total European production; the information was gathered either through active participation (direct replies to an interview or completion of a questionnaire) or through company balance sheets, figures and estimates;
- analysis of CSIL databases for kitchen furniture in Europe and worldwide (financial movements, IP patents, and so on);
- web scraping-localization of kitchen furniture specialists;
- desk research concerning macroeconomic trends and sector performances;
- official figures for foreign trade provided by Eurostat.
This is the 32nd edition of the 'The European market for kitchen furniture' Report, issued by CSIL, Centre for Industrial Studies. For the second time, this Report includes 30 European countries: Austria, Belgium-Luxembourg, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom (Europe 17, formerly 'Europe Part I'), Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia (Europe 13, formerly 'Europe Part II').
The Report is structured as follows:
- Chapter 1. Basic data presents an overview of the European kitchen furniture sector based on CSIL’s processing of statistics and company data from official sources, both national and international, as well as sector information and field information collected through direct interviews with companies and sector experts. Through tables and graphs, data on kitchen furniture production, consumption and international trade are analysed, at European level as a whole and for each country considered, both in value and in volume, for the total sector and by price range.
- Chapter 2. Activity trend offers kitchen furniture statistics and the main macroeconomic indicators necessary to analyse the performance of the sector for the last 6 years (2016-2021), together with forecasts for the next three years, at European level as a whole and for each country considered.
- Chapter 3. International trade provides detailed tables on the kitchen furniture exports and imports in the 30 European Countries considered, for the last 6 years, broken down by country and by geographical area of destination/origin.
- Chapter 4. Financial Analysis builds, on a sample of European kitchen furniture manufacturers, a study of their main profitability ratios (ROA, ROE and EBITDA) and measures their employee ratios.
- Chapter 5. Supply structure offers an analysis of the types of products manufactured by the European kitchen furniture manufacturers, in addition to tables and information on the key players operating in each segment. Production is broken down by cabinet door material, by cabinet door style, by cabinet door colour, by lacquered cabinet door type and by worktop material.
- Chapter 6. Distribution channels gives an overview of the main distribution channels active on the European kitchen furniture market, at European level as a whole and for country clusters considered.
- Chapter 7. The competitive system offers an insight into the leading local and foreign players present in each price range segment and in each European country considered. Through detailed tables are shown sales data and market shares of the top kitchen furniture companies; short profiles of the main players in the kitchen furniture industry are also available. In the end of this chapter, there is also a focus on European kitchen furniture exports and market shares outside EU30, by area of destination (Russia, Middle East and Africa, Asia and Pacific, North and Central-South America).
- Annex. Directory of companies mentioned provides full contact information for the main companies mentioned in this Report.
Europe. Major kitchen furniture exporting countries, 2016-2021.
Percentage shares in value
The size of the market has once again exceeded the ceiling of 7 million kitchens manufactured.
The growth of the European market, now sized EUR 16.8 billion, is equal to 13.3% in value and 6.4% in quantity.
Growth is particularly strong in the middle-lower and middle segments of the market.
The increase in the average price is significant (+ 6%), partly due to kitchens sold with a greater weight of built-in appliances (from 16% to 20% in a few years), increasingly marketed through kitchen specialists (from 44% to 46%).
Germany alone accounts for over 50% of European kitchen furniture exports.
France, Switzerland and the Netherlands represent close to 50% of imports.
The industry registered a drop of profitability during 2020. Although profit margin, EBIT margin, EBITDA margin remains positive in the middle run, ROI and ROE registered a decline between 2016 and 2020.
Among others, Howdens Joinery, Schmidt, Veneta Cucine, Lube, Scavolini, Aviva register growth in excess of 20%.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- Contents of the Report; Research tools and methodological notes; Terminology
- Basic data
- The European framework: Kitchen furniture production, international trade and consumption by country, in value and volume
- Kitchen furniture production and consumption by market segment: in value and volume, at European level as a whole and for each European country considered
- Activity trend and Forecast
- For the total Europe as a whole and for each European country considered: Production, consumption, international trade of kitchen furniture and comparison with selected country indicators, 2016-2021 and forecast 2022-2025
- International trade
- For the total Europe as a whole and for each European country considered: Kitchen furniture exports and imports 2016-2021, by country and by geographical area of destination/origin and international trade data for selected household appliances, 2019-2021
- Financial analysis
- Financial results: ROI, ROE, EBITDA and EBIT ratio for a sample of 60 companies; Employment analysis: number of employees, turnover per employee, average cost of employee, cost of employees/turnover for a sample of companies
- Supply structure
- Analysis of the kitchen furniture production (Sector estimates and data for a sample of companies) broken down by:
- - Cabinet door material
- - Cabinet door style
- - Cabinet door colour and lacquered type
- - Kind of wood
- - Worktop material
- - Kind of lay-out
- Intellectual Property: Number of patent family issued in 2020-2022 owned by a sample of European kitchen companies
- Distribution channels
- Overview of the main distribution channels active on the European kitchen furniture market, at European level as a whole and for each country considered
- - Kitchen specialists, Furniture shops, Furniture chains, Building trade, Contract, DIY, E-commerce, Direct sales
- Estimates of the value and weight of the built-in appliances on the domestic sales of kitchen furniture by country
- The competitive system
- Leading players in Europe and market shares (consumption and production)
- The European competitive system by market segment: luxury, upper-end, middle-upper, middle, middle-low, lower-end. Sales data, market shares and short company profiles
- The European competitive system for each of the 30 European countries analyzed
- Exports from Europe to Extra-European markets and Overseas: Americas, Asia and Pacific, Russia, Middle East end Africa
- Directory of around 350 European kitchen furniture companies
Selected companies mentioned:
Alvic, Anna Cendrowski, Aran, Arredo3, Artego, Aster, Aviva Cuisines, Baldita, Ballingslov, Ballerina, Boffi, Bruynzeel, Bulthaup, Celebert, Colombini, Dan, Decodom, Delta Cocinas, Dica, Doca, DMG, DSM Keukens, Eggo, Elkjop, Fournier, Gama Décor, Haecker, Hanak, Howdens Joinery, Ikea, Koryna, Kvik, Leicht, Lube, Mandemaakers, Menuiseries du Centre, Meson’s, Mob Cozinhas, Mobexpert, Movimar, Murelli, Neoform, Nikolidakis, Nobia, Nobilia, Nolte, Oppein, Pedini, Poggenpohl, Poliform, Pronorm, Puustelli, Rempp, Roundel, Rust Mebel, Rus Savitar, Sanitas Troesch, Santos, SBA Furniture, Scavolini, Snaidero, Socoo’c, Symphony, Szynaka, Schmidt, Siematic, Snaidero, Stosa, TCM, Turi, Ultima Furniture, Valcucine, Valdesign, Vedum, Veneta Cucine, Veriset, Villeroy & Boch, Vordingborg, WeDO Holding, Wren Kitchens
Share this Market Research
- Kitchen furniture: World market outlook
- Profiles of 50 major appliance manufacturers worldwide
- The kitchen furniture market in the United States
- The European market for kitchen furniture
- The kitchen furniture market in Japan and South Korea
- The major household appliances market in India
- Built-in appliances distribution and brand image in Russia
- Built-in appliances distribution and brand image in Spain
- The major household appliances market in China
- 500 companies in the kitchen furniture industry