The European market for bathroom furniture, furnishings and wellness
October 2017, VIII Ed. , 145 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 2000.00 / US$ 2329.6
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: S.12
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
The 8th edition of the CSIL Report The European market for bathroom furniture, furnishings and wellness offers an accurate comprehensive picture of the bathroom furniture and furnishings industry in Europe, providing data and trends (both in value and in volume) for bathroom furniture and furnishings consumption, at European level as a whole and for each country considered, for the total sector and by product.
The main macroeconomic variables necessary to analyse the performance of the sector for the last six years and forecasts 2017-2018, an analysis of the competitive system and financial analyses for a sample of over 60 selected European companies whose main business area is bathroom furniture, are also provided. The analysis of the distribution system in the bathroom furniture and furnishing sector in Europe considers: bathroom specialist retailers, wholesalers of bath products with showrooms, plumbers and installers, furniture stores/chains and department stores, DIY, contract and E-commerce, offering estimates of the value of each distribution channel by product type in the major European countries. Estimates of average factory prices for each product considered are also given.
This report looks at nine bathroom macro-sectors and their main products: bathroom furniture; bathroom furnishings and accessories (including soap dishes, towel rails, toilet brushes, tumbler holders, toilet paper holders, shower curtains, etc.); WC seats; shower screens and enclosures; whirlpool bathtubs; multifunctional shower booths (including equipped hydromassage columns and mini spa); bathroom taps, faucets, shower arms; acrylic sinks and bathtubs; ceramic sanitary ware (sinks, bidets, urinals, bathtubs, shower trays).
The countries covered were divided into five areas according their geographical proximity and similarity in market characteristics. These areas are:
- Northern Europe: Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden;
- Western Europe: Belgium, France, Ireland, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom;
- Central Europe Germany, Austria and Switzerland;
- Southern Europe: Greece, Italy, Portugal and Spain.
- Central Eastern Europe : Poland , other countries (Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia).
Detailed tables show sales data and market shares for the top European and international bathroom furniture and furnishings companies for each bathroom macro-sector and in each European country considered, together with short company profiles.
A focus on European bathroom furniture and furnishings sales outside Europe for selected European companies is also provided by geographical area of destination (Russia, North and Latin America, Asia and Pacific, Middle East and Africa).
An address list of around 250 European and international bathroom furniture and furnishings companies is included.
Europe. Bathroom furniture, furnishings and wellness. Estimated performance in the top six markets. Dimension, market share and average growth 2016/2013. EUR million and percentages
According to CSIL estimates, in 2016 the total market for bathroom furniture, furnishings and wellness in Europe was worth approximately Euro 11.1 billion, with a 1.8% increase compared to 2013.
The above mentioned figures include bathroom furniture and accessories, WC seats, bathtubs and whirlpools, hydrosanitary ware, taps and shower arms, shower enclosures and multifunctional shower booths. It is 70% of the overall value of the bathroom space.
"Bathroom taps and shower arms" is the biggest segment, followed by "bathroom furniture" and "sanitary ware", for a combined market share of over 65%. The fastest growing segment was shower screens with +2.6% since 2013, while the demand for bathtubs and whirlpool bathtubs dropped significantly over the same period.
Germany continues to represent the locomotive of the bathroom sector in Europe. The country has been the largest marketplace and among the best performers in Europe since 2013. While the UK and Spain remained on course, the performances of the French and Italian markets were weak during the period considered.
The eight top players in the bathroom sector provide about 60% of total production and they are: Grohe, Hansgrohe, Roca, Geberit, Ideal Standard, Villeroy & Boch, Duravit and Porcelanosa. The top 50 companies ranked in the report represent 74% of the European market. Twenty of them recorded sales in Europe of over EUR 100 million with an average EBTDA margin of around 13%, while for the smaller ones EBITDA stood at about 8%.
The distribution of bathroom furniture, furnishings and wellness in Europe is driven mainly by the wholesalers of bath products (46%); bathroom specialists claim a further 26% share and are generally positioned in the middle-high and upper-end of the market.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- Executive summary; Research tools and methodological notes; Terminology
- Basic data
- Europe. Bathroom furniture, furnishings and wellness. Estimated production, international trade and consumption
- European market for bathroom furniture, furnishings and wellness: figures by product in value and in volume and average factory prices
- - Bathroom furniture; Bathroom furnishings/Accessories; WC seats; Shower screens; Whirlpool bathtubs; Multifunctional shower booths; Bathroom taps, faucets, shower arms; Acrylic sinks and bathtubs; Ceramic sanitary ware
- European market for bathroom furniture, furnishings and wellness: figures by country in value and in volume
- - Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain and Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom and Ireland, Poland, Other CEE Countries
- Activity trend 2013-2016 and forecasts
- Main macroeconomic variables by European country considered (population indicators, economic indicators and construction indicators) necessary to analyze the performance of the sector for the last 6 years
- Projection of selected country indicators for 2017 and 2018, for each country considered
- Company market shares by product
- Bathroom furniture, furnishings and wellness. Estimated production and market shares of 50 among the leading European companies
- Bathroom furniture, furnishings and wellness. Estimated sales in Europe and market shares of 50 among the leading European and international companies
- Estimated sales in Europe and market shares by product for selected leading companies: Bathroom furniture; Bathroom furnishings/Accessories; WC seats; Shower screens; Whirlpool bathtubs; Multifunctional shower booths; Bathroom taps, faucets, shower arms; Acrylic sinks and bathtubs; Ceramic sanitary ware
- Company market shares by country
- Estimated sales and market shares by European country considered for selected leading companies: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain and Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom and Ireland, Poland, Other CEE Countries
- Bathroom furniture, furnishings and wellness. Estimated sales outside Europe for selected European companies ,by geographical area of destination (Russia, North and Latin America, Asia and Pacific, Middle East and Africa)
- Estimates of the value of each distribution channel by product category in the largest countries. Distribution channels considered: Bathroom specialists, Wholesalers of bath products with showroom, Plumbers and installers, Furniture stores/chains and department stores, DIY, Contract, E-commerce
- Bathroom furniture, furnishings and wellness. Estimated sales by distribution channel in a sample of leading companies
- Financial analysis
- Bathroom furniture, furnishings and wellness. Turnover, employees and Ebitda margin for a sample of 60 companies
- Drivers of demand
- Building and economic indicators
- Population indicators
- Hospitality and Contract markets
- Demand localization and Cities
- Address list of around 250 European and international bathroom furniture and furnishings companies
Selected companies mentioned:
Agape, Antonio Lupi, Alape, Arbi, Arcom, Ballingslöv, Bathroom Brands, Bette, Bristan, Ceramica Globo, Compab, Coram, Cristina Rubinetterie, Dansani, Dornbracht, Duravit, Duscholux, Eczacibasi/VitrA, Fournier, Geberit, Gessi, Grohe, Hansgrohe, Haro, Hewi, Hüppe, Idea, Ideal Standard, Ikea, Inda + Samo, Kaldewei, Kermi, Keuco, Klafs, Kludi, Kohler, Lota, Nobili Carlo, Novellini, Oras, Ostnor, Paini Rubinetterie, Pelipal, Porcelanosa, Puris Bad – Laguna, Roca, Roper Rhodes, Royo, Sanitas Troesch, Svedbergs, Symphony, Vanna, Villeroy & Boch, Vola, Wirquin
Share this Market Research
- The European market for kitchen furniture. Part I
- The kitchen furniture market in Central-Eastern Europe
- The contract furniture and furnishings market in Europe
- Furniture Flagship Stores
- The European market for eco-building products
- The Italian market for bathroom furniture and accessories
- The bathroom furniture market and wellness in China