The European market for RTA furniture
April 2022, VI Ed. , 132 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 3500.00 / US$ 3413.9
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: EU10
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
The CSIL report The European market for RTA furniture offers a detailed analysis of the ready-to-assemble (RTA) furniture sector in Europe, with a focus on 15 countries (Belgium-Lux, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom) selected by their representativeness in terms of production and consumption of RTA furniture within Europe.
This report aims to provide information on the following topics:
- The value of the RTA furniture consumption and production (2016-2021) in each market and in Europe
- The main features shaping the competitive system of each country: leading manufacturers for RTA furniture production, sector concentration, mergers&acquisitions operations
- The main supply features of the industry in terms of product type, support materials, finishing
- The analysis of the distribution system for RTA furniture: breakdown of the market by distribution channels and listing of leading RTA furniture retailers (large-scale furniture chains, DIY, e-tailers)
STRUCTURE OF THE REPORT
The first part of the study shows the main sector figures of the European RTA furniture industry (production, consumption, exports, imports), highlighting the most important features affecting the industry in terms of competitive system and distribution channels.
Production and consumption of RTA furniture in Europe:
- Demand drivers, the value of the RTA furniture consumption from 2016 to 2021, and an overview of the European RTA furniture market through tables, graphs, and maps for Europe and by country.
- Value of the European RTA furniture production and by country, with a comparison between the RTA furniture sector and the fully assembled furniture industry.
The competitive system analysis identifies and analyses the Top 50 European RTA furniture manufacturers, ranked by values of RTA furniture production, exports, and the number of employees. A list of leading players' major M&A operations from 2003 to 2021 is also provided.
The supply structure analysis deals with the type of products (product segment, support materials, and finishings) produced by the European RTA furniture manufacturers, with tables and information on companies operating in each segment.
The distribution channels analysis includes a breakdown of the European RTA furniture market by distribution channel (large-scale furniture chains, DIY, e-tailers), with profiles of the main RTA furniture retailers in Europe.
For the Top 15 countries for the RTA furniture industry (Belgium-Lux, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom):
- RTA furniture production and consumption values
- Rankings of the leading RTA furniture manufacturers (excluding Norway and the Netherlands)
- Profiles of the leading players
- Distribution system: breakdown of the RTA furniture market by distribution channel (excluding Poland, Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia and the Czech Republic)
- Rankings of leading RTA furniture retailers by total turnover
Around 200 RTA furniture manufacturers are considered in the report.
TERMINOLOGY AND PRODUCT CONSIDERED
By RTA furniture we mean the group of furnishing products which, according to the country of reference, are defined as flat-pack, ready to assemble (RTA), knockdown (KD), DIY (do it yourself), self-assembly or kit furniture that comes in flat-packs and includes all the hardware and instructions necessary for assembly.
Products considered: Living/dining room furniture (including sets for living/dining room, bookshelves, tables and chairs); bedroom furniture; children furniture; furniture for office/home office; kitchen furniture; other furniture (occasional furniture, bathroom furniture, outdoor furniture, etc.). Soft furniture (upholstered furniture and mattresses) is excluded.
European Union (27)+UK+NO+CH with detailed analysis for 15 countries (Belgium-Lux, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom)
Comparison between RTA and fully assembled furniture production in Europe, 2016-2021 (index 2016=100)
With a value amounting to over EUR 15 billion, the ready-to assemble (RTA) furniture industry throughout Europe outperformed the fully assembled one, recording a growth of about 17% (2016-2021). Poland and Germany are the leading producing countries. Over the last twenty years, Eastern Europe eroded market shares to some traditional furniture manufacturing countries.
On the demand side, the consumption of RTA furniture in Europe recorded a cumulative growth of +20% in the time span 2016-2021. Germany, the UK, France, and Italy are the largest markets for RTA furniture in Europe, accounting for over one half of the total market.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- METHODOLOGY. Contents and Structure of the report. Terminology, considered products, geographical coverage and other methodological notes
- 1. THE EUROPEAN MARKET FOR RTA FURNITURE
- RTA furniture market in Europe. Basic data 2016-2021
- - RTA furniture production and consumption values by major European countries
- 2. RTA FURNITURE CONSUMPTION IN EUROPE
- 2.1. Demand drivers
- 2.2. Countries overview (Belgium-Lux, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom)
- - Consumption of RTA furniture in Europe and by country
- 2.3. RTA furniture imports in Europe and Imports penetration by country
- 3. RTA FURNITURE PRODUCTION IN EUROPE
- 3.1 RTA and fully assembled furniture production comparison
- - Production of RTA furniture in Europe and by country
- 3.2 RTA furniture exports in Europe and Export orientation by country
- 4. COMPETITIVE SYSTEM
- 4.1. Leading RTA furniture manufacturers. Top 50 RTA furniture producers
- 4.2. Leading RTA furniture exporters
- 4.3. Employment in the RTA furniture industry
- 5. SUPPLY STRUCTURE
- 5.1. Product type
- 5.2. Materials
- 5.3. Finishings
- 6. DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM
- 6.1. Distribution channels in the RTA furniture market and breakdown
- 6.2. Profiles of leading RTA Furniture Retailers
- 7. COUNTRY ANALYSIS. For the Top 15 countries of the European RTA furniture industry: Belgium-Lux, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom
- - RTA furniture production and consumption on total furniture and comparison with the European average
- - Macroeconomic indicators
- - Production of RTA furniture and comparison with the European average
- - The competitive system: leading RTA furniture manufacturers and market shares (not available for Norway and the Netherlands)
- - Short profiles of a selection of RTA furniture manufacturers
- - Consumption of RTA furniture and comparison with the European average
- - Distribution channels. A selection of leading furniture retailers with total turnover and number of stores (not available for Poland, Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia and the Czech Republic)
- ANNEX. List of companies mentioned
Selected companies mentioned:
3B, Alsapan, BRW Black Red White, Bürstadt, Composad, Crown Products, Fabryki Mebli Forte, Friul Intagli, Gautier, Gyllensvaans Möbler, HTH Køkkenner, IKEA, Kvik, Media Profili, Meubles Demeyere, Nolte Möbel, P3G Parisot, Rauch Möbelwerke, SBA Baldu, Stokke, Szynaka Meble, Tvilum, Vivonio
Share this Market Research