The Furniture Industry in Europe
October 2021, VII Ed. , 478 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 3500.00 / US$ 3958.15
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: W0102
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
Part of CSIL Country Furniture Outlook Series covering 100 countries at present, The furniture industry in Europe contains all the main statistics and indicators useful to analyze the furniture sector in Europe and in 30 European countries: Austria, Belgium-Lux, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the UK.
EUROPEAN FURNITURE MARKET OUTLOOK
The first part of this study goes in-depth into the role of Europe in the global furniture context and provides historical series of basic data (furniture production, consumption and trade), future perspectives, main factors affecting the competitiveness of European producers (labor cost, availability of raw materials and components, investments in technology and machinery, innovations and sustainability), imports penetration, export orientation, description of the main furniture manufacturing countries.
European furniture market potentials and development insights: future perspectives of the furniture sector in Europe, furniture market forecasts to 2022.
Furniture manufacturing system and trends in furniture production by sub-segment (upholstered furniture, kitchen furniture, office furniture, other furniture).
Top furniture manufacturers in Europe: the competitive system analysis includes figures for the leading 100 European furniture companies (company name, country, website, activity, furniture specialization, total turnover and number of employees, share of furniture on total sales) ranked by their turnover.
Around 1650 short profiles of furniture manufacturers are also provided, with information on their activity, product portfolio, turnover range, employees range, general email address-when available- and website.
COUNTRY ANALYSIS: 30 COUNTRY REPORTS.
For each considered country (Austria, Belgium-Lux, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom):
- Outline of the market and macroeconomic trends
- Production, consumption, imports and exports of furniture for the time series 2015-2020
- Trading partners
- Manufacturing system
- Consumption by region (when available)
- Short profiles of leading furniture manufacturers
Types of furniture covered: Office furniture, Upholstered furniture, Non upholstered seats, Kitchen furniture, Bedroom furniture, Dining and living room furniture, Other Furniture.
Europe. Furniture market, 2010, 2015 and 2020.
Breakdown by geographical area of origin. %
With a furniture consumption value in the range of EUR 90 billion, accounting for around one-quarter of the global market, Europe is the second-largest furniture market in the world, coming after the Asia Pacific and before North America. The EU furniture sector is highly integrated, both from a market perspective and from an industrial one (over 80% of furniture demand is currently satisfied by European production). The role of Europe in the global context is also evident in the international trade of furniture: the area accounts for around 45% of world furniture imports and nearly 40% of world furniture exports.
Within Europe, the largest markets are Germany, the UK, France, and Italy, absorbing nearly 60% of the total European furniture consumption. According to CSIL, those leading markets are forecasted to increase furniture consumption in 2022 above the European average.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- THE EUROPEAN FURNITURE SECTOR
- Future perspectives for the European furniture sector
- Furniture consumption. Forecasts to 2022
- The role of Europe in the global furniture context
- Europe and the rest of the world. Furniture production, consumption, exports, imports
- The integration process within Europe
- International furniture trade
- Traditional and growing manufacturing countries within Europe and the integration of productive systems
- Furniture production in Europe, 2015-2020. By area and by country.
- A restructuring process in the European furniture industry involving enterprises and employment
- Enterprises and persons employed by country
- A brief description of the main furniture manufacturing countries
- Germany, Italy, Poland, UK, France
- Factors affecting competitiveness of European furniture producers
- Labour cost and skilled labour availability, availability of raw materials and components, investments in technology and machinery, innovation in materials and technologies, sustainability
- From safety and environmental issues to a circular economy model
- The competitive system
- Top 100 major European furniture manufacturers: company name, country, website, activity, furniture specialisation, total turnover and number of employees, share of furniture on total sales
- The European furniture market development
- Furniture consumption in Europe, 2015-2020. By area and by country.
- Market sources: national production, European market integration and import flows
- Trade balance
- The growing degree of market openness
- - Import penetration
- - Export orientation
- Trends in furniture sub-segments and specialization
- Trends in furniture production by segment (upholstered furniture, kitchen furniture, office furniture, other furniture)
- COUNTRY ANALYSIS: Outline of the market, macroeconomic trends, production, consumption, imports and exports of furniture for the time series 2015-2020, trading partners, manufacturing productive system and consumption by region (when available) for:
- Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom
- SHORT PROFILES OF AROUND 1650 EUROPEAN FURNITURE COMPANIES (activity, product portfolio, turnover range, employees range, email address and website)
- METHODOLOGICAL NOTES
Selected companies mentioned:
Actona, Ahrend Groep, Aramis Invest, B&B Group, Belfield Furnishings, BoConcept, BRW Black Red White, Calligaris, Colombini Group, COM40 Comforty, Cotta Collection, DFS Furniture, Ekornes Group, Flokk SBS, Fournier Habitat, Friul Intagli, Häcker Küchen, Howden Joinery, Ikea Industry Group, Lifestyle Design - Poltrona Frau, Meubles Demeyere, Molteni Group, Natuzzi, Nobia, Nowy Styl Group, Roche Bobois, SBA furniture Group, Schmidt Groupe, Tvilum, Vitra International, Welle Holding
Share this Market Research
- Home office furniture market in Europe
- World Furniture Outlook 2020/2021
- The European market for office furniture
- The world upholstered furniture industry
- The European market for kitchen furniture
- Furniture retailing in Europe
- E-commerce for the furniture industry
- The high-end design furniture market
- Top 200 furniture manufacturers worldwide
- Sofa Market in Europe