The Furniture Industry in Europe
October 2017, III Ed. , 533 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 3500.00 / US$ 4119.15
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: W0102
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
CSIL Market Research Report The Furniture Industry in Europe is part of the CSIL Country Furniture Outlook Series, at present covering 100 countries. The report was carried out by CSIL experts who have been working for over 35 years in the field of industry analysis and contains all the main statistics and indicators useful to analyse the European furniture market.
The European furniture sector is described through updated statistics for production, consumption, imports and exports, the main factors affecting the competitiveness of producers (labour cost, availability of raw materials and components, investments in technology and machinery, research and development, innovations and policy issues) and a SWOT analysis.
The study analyses the European furniture market potential and development insights with historical data and future prospects for 2018.
Detailed tables for furniture importsand furniture exports by country and by geographical area of origin/destination, data by furniture segment (upholstered furniture, kitchen furniture, office furniture, other furniture) and statistics for the European furniture manufacturing system are also included.
The competitive system analysis includes figures for the top 100 European furniture companies (company name, country, website, activity, furniture specialisation, total turnover and number of employees, weight of furniture on total sales) ranked according to turnover.
Around 2,000 short profiles of furniture manufacturers are also provided, with information on their activity, product portfolio, turnover range, workforce, email address and website.
Analysis by country. Outline of the market, macroeconomic trends and furniture data (production, consumption, imports and exports, for the time series 2011-2016) for: Austria, Belgium-Luxembourg, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom.
New in the 2017 edition
There is a pdf supplement to the report, an Excel data file providing the main statistics for each country considered: production, consumption, imports and exports of furniture (2011-2016), total value and breakdown by segment (upholstered furniture, office furniture, kitchen furniture).
Europe and the rest of the world. Furniture production.
2016. % values
Europe maintains an important role in the furniture industry, although major structural changes in the world furniture sector, including the emergence and fast development of extra-European suppliers over the last 20 years have severely affected the area, the production value is nearly EUR 88 billion, accounting for around a quarter of the world's furniture industry, which is half the Asian share. Western Europe provides the largest share, but Eastern countries are the fastest growing. Germany, Italy, Poland and the United Kingdom rank among the top 10 furniture manufacturers worldwide, and hold a combined share of 14% of world production and almost 60% of European production.
While remaining an SME-based industry, Europe is the headquarters of some of the biggest and most important global players. According to CSIL research, 81 out of the top 200 furniture manufacturers worldwide are located in Europe. Furthermore, the productive system is changing: an increase in concentration is taking place both at the retail and at the manufacturing level. European manufacturers are recognised worldwide for their quality, cultural heritage, design and for the excellence of the artisanal skills used to manufacture furniture. The industry is able to combine new technologies and innovation with cultural heritage and style, and provides jobs for skilled workers.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- THE EUROPEAN FURNITURE SECTOR
- The role of Europe in the global furniture context
- Europe and rest of the World. Production, consumption, imports and exports of furniture
- The integration process within Europe
- International furniture trade
- Traditional and growing manufacturing countries within the EU and the integration of productive systems
- Importance and performance of furniture production in the economy in each country
- Furniture production in Europe, 2011-2016. By area and by country.
- Factors affecting competitiveness of EU furniture producers
- Labour cost and skilled labour availability
- Availability of raw materials and components. The value chain
- Investments in technology and machinery
- Policy issues
- The competitive system in Europe
- Top 100 major European furniture manufacturers
- The European furniture market development
- Furniture consumption in Europe, 2011-2016. By area and by country.
- Market sources: national production, EU market integration and import flows
- Trade balance
- Furniture trade balance, 2011-2016
- The import penetration
- Furniture imports, 2011-2016
- The export orientation
- Furniture exports, 2011-2016
- Trends in furniture sub-segments and specialization
- Furniture production by segment, 2011-2016
- The future perspectives for the EU furniture sector
- Furniture consumption forecasts to 2018
- SWOT Analysis of the European furniture sector
- ANALYSIS BY COUNTRY: Outline of the market, macroeconomic trends and basic data (production, consumption, imports and exports, for the time series 2011-2016) for:
- Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom
- METHODOLOGICAL NOTES
- LIST OF FURNITURE COMPANIES
Selected companies mentioned:
Alno Group, DFS Furniture, Friul Intagli, Häcker Küchen, Howden Joinery Group, Hüls AG, Ikea Industry Group, Mandemakers Groep, Nobia, Nobilia , Nolte Group, PBV Polipol, SALM, Segmüller Gruppe, Welle Holding
Share this Market Research
- The Furniture Industry in the Gulf Countries: Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar
- Furniture Outlook for Asia and the Pacific
- Furniture Outlook for Latin America and the Caribbean
- Top Furniture Manufacturers in Europe - Short Profiles for 16 countries
- Africa Furniture Outlook