The Furniture Industry in Europe
November 2020, VI Ed. , 461 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 3500.00 / US$ 4133.5
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: W0102
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
EUROPEAN FURNITURE MARKET OUTLOOK
The first part of this study goes in-depth into the role of Europe in the world furniture context and provides historical series for furniture production, consumption and trade, the main factors affecting the competitiveness of European producers (labour cost, availability of raw materials and components, investments in technology and machinery, research and development, innovations and policy issues), imports penetration, export orientation, description of the main furniture manufacturing countries.
European furniture market potentials and development insights: insights concerning the impact of COVID-19 pandemic on the global and European furniture sector, future perspectives for the furniture sector in Europe, furniture market forecasts up to 2021.
Furniture manufacturing system and trends in furniture production by sub-segment (upholstered furniture, kitchen furniture, office furniture, other furniture).
Top furniture manufacturers in Europe: the competitive system analysis includes figures for the leading 100 European furniture companies (company name, country, website, activity, furniture specialization, total turnover and number of employees, share of furniture on total sales) ranked by their turnover.
Around 1300 short profiles of furniture manufacturers are also provided, with information on their activity, product portfolio, turnover range, employees range, email address and website.
COUNTRY ANALYSIS: 30 COUNTRY REPORTS.
For each considered country (Austria, Belgium-Lux, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom):
- Outline of the market and macroeconomic trends
- Production, consumption, imports and exports of furniture for the time series 2014-2019
- Trading partners
- Manufacturing system
- Consumption by region (when available)
- Short profiles of leading furniture manufacturers.
Types of furniture covered: Office furniture, Upholstered furniture, Non upholstered seats, Kitchen furniture, Bedroom furniture, Dining and living room furniture, Other Furniture.
Europe. Furniture market, 2009, 2014 and 2019.
Breakdown by geographical area of origin. %
Europe still plays an important role in the global furniture industry. With a market value of nearly EUR 100 billion, it is the second-largest furniture market in the world and the most integrated one (over 80% of the demand is satisfied by EU production).
The COVID-19 pandemic is hitting almost the entire Europe for the second time. Nevertheless, the intensity of the contraction and the subsequent growths are largely interdependent across countries, some are projected to experience a deeper contraction, than others do. Among the five largest markets, in Italy, in France, in the UK and in Spain, the estimated contraction of the furniture market will be deeper. In contrast, Germany was less affected by the crisis than the other European countries.
According to CSIL, the World and the European furniture consumption for 2021 should turn to positive. Growth forecasts depend on the severity of the slump in 2020 and on the expected rebound.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- THE EUROPEAN FURNITURE SECTOR
- Future perspectives for the European furniture sector
- Furniture consumption forecasts to 2021
- The role of Europe in the global furniture context
- Europe and the rest of the world. Furniture production, consumption, exports, imports
- The integration process within Europe
- International furniture trade
- Traditional and growing manufacturing countries within Europe and the integration of productive systems
- Furniture production in Europe, 2014-2019. By area and by country.
- A brief description of the main furniture manufacturing countries
- Factors affecting competitiveness of European furniture producers
- - Labour cost and skilled labour availability
- - Availability of raw materials and components. The value chain
- - Investments in technology and machinery
- - Research and Design
- - Policy issues
- The competitive system
- Top 100 major European furniture manufacturers: company name, country, website, activity, furniture specialisation, total turnover and number of employees, share of furniture on total sales
- The European furniture market development
- Furniture consumption in Europe, 2014-2019. By area and by country.
- Market sources: national production, European market integration and import flows
- Trade balance
- The growing degree of market openness
- - Import penetration
- - Export orientation
- Trends in furniture sub-segments and specialization
- Trends in furniture production by segment (upholstered furniture, kitchen furniture, office furniture, other furniture)
- COUNTRY ANALYSIS: Outline of the market, macroeconomic trends, production, consumption, imports and exports of furniture for the time series 2014-2019, trading partners, manufacturing productive system and consumption by region (when available) for:
- Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom
- SHORT PROFILES FOR AROUND 1300 EUROPEAN FURNITURE COMPANIES (activity, product portfolio, turnover range, employees range, email address and website)
- METHODOLOGICAL NOTES
Selected companies mentioned:
Actona, ADOVA, Ahrend, B&B, Aramis Invest, Belfield Furnishings, Bo Concept, BRW Black Red White, Calligaris, Colombini, COM40 Comforty, Cotta Collection, DFS Furniture, Ekornes, Flokk SBS, Fournier, Friul Intagli, Häcker Küchen, Howden Joinery, Hüls, IKEA, Meubles Demeyere, Molteni, Natuzzi, Nobia, Nobilia, Nolte, Nowy Styl, Paged, Poltrona Frau, Roche Bobois, SALM, SBA Furniture, Segmüller, Senab, Tvilum, Vitra International, Welle Holding
Share this Market Research
- Home office furniture market in Europe
- World Furniture Outlook 2020/2021
- The European market for office furniture
- The world upholstered furniture industry
- The European market for kitchen furniture
- Furniture retailing in Europe
- E-commerce for the furniture industry
- The high-end design furniture market
- Top 200 furniture manufacturers worldwide
- Sofa Market in Europe