The Furniture Industry in Europe
October 2018, IV Ed. , 532 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 3500.00 / US$ 3837.05
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: W0102
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
CSIL Market Research Report The Furniture Industry in Europe is part of the CSIL Country Furniture Outlook Series, at present covering 100 countries. The report was carried out by CSIL experts who have been working for over 35 years in the field of industry analysis and contains all the main statistics and indicators useful to analyse the European furniture market.
The European furniture sector is described through updated statistics for production, consumption, imports and exports, the main factors affecting the competitiveness of producers (labour cost, availability of raw materials and components, investments in technology and machinery, research and development, innovations and policy issues) and a SWOT analysis.
The study analyses the European furniture market potential and development insights with historical data and future prospects for 2020.
Detailed tables for furniture importsand furniture exports by country and by geographical area of origin/destination, data by furniture segment (upholstered furniture, kitchen furniture, office furniture, other furniture) and statistics for the European furniture manufacturing system are also included.
The competitive system analysis includes figures for the top 100 European furniture companies (company name, country, website, activity, furniture specialisation, total turnover and number of employees, weight of furniture on total sales) ranked according to turnover.
Around 2,000 short profiles of furniture manufacturers are also provided, with information on their activity, product portfolio, turnover range, workforce, email address and website.
Analysis by country. Outline of the market, macroeconomic trends and furniture data (production, consumption, imports and exports, for the time series 2012-2017) for: Austria, Belgium-Luxembourg, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom.
As a supplement to the report, an Excel data file providing tables with main statistics for each considered country: production, consumption, imports and exports of furniture (2012-2017), total value and breakdown by segment (upholstered furniture, office furniture, kitchen furniture).
Europe and the rest of the world. Furniture production.
2017. % values
Europe plays a key role in the global furniture industry and this is evident not only in terms of production, but also in terms of market and international trade values. Furniture production in the area reaches over EUR 90 billion in 2017, accounting for around one fourth of the global furniture industry. Western Europe is responsible for the largest share, but Eastern countries are the fastest growing ones. Germany, Italy, Poland, the United Kingdom and France rank among the top 12 furniture manufacturers worldwide, and hold a combined share of 15% of world production and 66% of Europe's production.
Furniture manufacturing has a long history in Europe. This, together with cultural heritage, gives European manufacturers a competitive edge and favors the development of creative competences recognized worldwide. Thus, the industry is able to combine new technologies and innovation with cultural heritage and style, provides jobs for skilled workers and is also a world leader in the high-end segment of the furniture market. .
While remaining a SME-based industry, Europe is the headquarters of some of the biggest and most important global players. According to CSIL, 81 out of the top 200 furniture manufacturers worldwide are located in Europe.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- THE EUROPEAN FURNITURE SECTOR
- The role of Europe in the global furniture context
- Europe and rest of the World. Production, consumption, imports and exports of furniture 2012-2017
- The integration process within Europe
- International furniture trade
- Traditional and growing manufacturing countries within Europe and the integration of productive systems
- Importance and performance of furniture production in each country's economy
- Furniture production in Europe, 2012-2017. By area and by country.
- Factors affecting competitiveness of European furniture producers
- - Labour cost and skilled labour availability
- - Availability of raw materials and components. The value chain
- - Investments in technology and machinery
- - Research and Design
- - Policy issues
- The competitive system
- Top 100 major European furniture manufacturers: company name, country, website, activity, furniture specialisation, total turnover and number of employees, share of furniture on total sales
- The European furniture market development
- Furniture consumption in Europe, 2012-2017. By area and by country.
- Market sources: national production, European market integration and import flows
- Trade balance
- - Furniture trade balance, 2012-2017
- Import penetration
- - Furniture imports, 2012-2017
- Export orientation
- - Furniture exports, 2012-2017
- Trends in furniture sub-segments and specialization
- Furniture production by segment (upholstered furniture, kitchen furniture, office furniture, other furniture), 2012-2017
- Future perspectives for the European furniture sector
- Furniture consumption forecasts to 2020
- SWOT Analysis of the European furniture sector
- COUNTRY ANALYSIS: Outline of the market, macroeconomic trends, production, consumption, imports and exports of furniture for the time series 2012-2017, trading partners, manufacturing productive system and consumption by region (when available) for:
- Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom
- SHORT PROFILES FOR AROUND 2,000 EUROPEAN FURNITURE COMPANIES (activity, product portfolio, turnover range, employees range, email address and website)
- METHODOLOGICAL NOTES
Selected companies mentioned:
Actona, ADOVA, Ahrend, B&B, Aramis Invest, Belfield Furnishings, Bo Concept, BRW Black Red White, Calligaris, Colombini, COM40 Comforty, Cotta Collection, , DFS Furniture, Ekornes, Flokk SBS, Fournier, Friul Intagli, Häcker Küchen, Howden Joinery, Hüls, IKEA, Mandemakers, Meubles Demeyere, Molteni, Natuzzi, Nobia, Nobilia, Nolte, Nowy Styl, Paged, Poltrona Frau, Roche Bobois, SALM, SBA Furniture, Segmüller, Senab AB, Tvilum, Vitra International, Welle Holding
Share this Market Research