Furniture distribution in Hungary
November 2008, I Ed. , 25 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 690.00 / US$ 778.73
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: EU.15HU
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
DescriptionHungary is the fourth home furniture consumer country among the New European Members after Poland, Czech Republic and Romania. Home furniture consumption reaches a value of about Euro 1 billion.
Birth of Furniture Malls (such as Max City), the limited presence of specialist outlets and the tendency to reduce the number of traditional outlets characterise the furniture distribution in Hungary.
This Report, produced by CSIL, Centre for Industrial Studies, offers an analysis of home furniture distribution industry in Hungary and provides an economic overview of the country; trend for home furniture consumption; breakdown of home furniture sales by distribution channel (specialized furniture distributors (furniture chains, franchising, buying groups, independent furniture retailers), non-specialist distributors (department stores, multistores, hypermarkets, DIY) and others.
The analysis of furniture distribution by product/segment covers: upholstered furniture and kitchen furniture.
Home furniture imports are broken down by country, geographical area and product (upholstered furniture, kitchen furniture, dining and living room furniture, bedroom furniture, non-upholstered seats and other furniture).
Short profiles of major home furniture distributors with analysis of sales performance are also available.
Major furniture trade fairs are also analyzed.
Addresses of about 20 furniture distributors mentioned in the report are also included.
Also available on the new EU Member States as a whole Furniture distribution in Europe, part II which offers a comparative analysis of home furniture distribution in 4 European countries (Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Romania), providing trends in home furniture consumption, distribution channels' market shares, retail formats, home furniture imports and short company profiles.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- Introduction and overview
- Overview: home furniture market in the New EU Members
- Home furniture consumption and import in the neu EU Member countries
- FURNITURE DISTRIBUTION IN HUNGARY
- Economic overview
- Home furniture consumption
- Macroeconomic indicators
- GDP, inflation and private consumption 2007 and forecasts 2008-2009
- Home furniture imports
- Home furniture. Consumption and per capita consumption at retail prices
- Home furniture. Consumption and imports/consumption ratio
- Demand factors and development of furniture retail
- Home furniture. Imports by country and by area of origin
- Home furniture. Imports by segment: Upholstered furniture, Bedroom furniture, Kitchen furniture
- Times and costs of import procedures
- Home furniture distribution channels
- Marriage rate and building permits
- Municipalities with the highest number of dwellings completed
- Furniture, lighting equipment and household article. Total stores and number of inhabitants per store
- Supply process
- Furniture distribution channels
- Structure of the supply chain
- Breakdown of home furniture distributors by provenance
- Retail formats
- Opening of the first sales outlet in a sample of specialist operators
- Leading furniture distributors
- Home furniture. Distribution channels
- Specialist furniture distributors
- Non-specialist furniture distributors
- Home furniture. Total sales and number of stores in a sample of specialist distributors
- Trade fairs
- Home furniture. Total sales and number of stores in a sample of specialist distributors and DIY companies
- Estimated furniture sales of leading distributors
- Addresses of mentioned companies
Share this Market Research
- Profiles of 50 major appliance manufacturers worldwide
- The world mattress industry
- Top 200 furniture manufacturers worldwide
- The European market for kitchen furniture
- The European market for lighting fixtures. Part II
- The office furniture market in Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic and Romania
- The upholstered furniture industry in Central-Eastern Europe