Furniture distribution in Romania
November 2008, I Ed. , 31 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 690.00 / US$ 813.79
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: EU.15RO
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
Romania ranks third among the New European member countries in terms of home furniture consumption after Poland and the Czech Republic. Apparent domestic consumption of home furniture amount to about Euro 1 billion.
The distribution structure in the home furniture sector in Romania is in continuous evolution. From the point of view of the supply process the main peculiarity is the significant presence of local furniture producers with their own retail networks in the form of chains. The majority of these are medium-sized stores.
This Report, produced by CSIL, Centre for Industrial Studies, offers an analysis of home furniture distribution industry in Romania and provides an economic overview of the country; trend for home furniture consumption; breakdown of home furniture sales by distribution channel (specialized furniture distributors (furniture chains, franchising, buying groups, independent furniture retailers), non-specialist distributors (department stores, multistores, hypermarkets, DIY) and others.
The analysis of furniture distribution by product/segment covers: upholstered furniture and kitchen furniture.
Home furniture imports are broken down by country, geographical area and product (upholstered furniture, kitchen furniture, dining and living room furniture, bedroom furniture, non-upholstered seats and other furniture).
Short profiles of major home furniture distributors with analysis of sales performance are also available.
Major furniture trade fairs are also analyzed.
Addresses of about 30 furniture distributors mentioned in the report are also included.
Also available on the new EU Member States as a whole Furniture distribution in Europe, part II which offers a comparative analysis of home furniture distribution in 4 European countries (Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Romania), providing trends in home furniture consumption, distribution channels' market shares, retail formats, home furniture imports and short company profiles.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- Introduction and overview
- Overview: home furniture market in the New EU Members
- Home furniture consumption and import in the neu EU Member countries
- FURNITURE DISTRIBUTION IN ROMANIA
- Economic overview
- Home furniture consumption
- Macroeconomic indicators
- GDP, inflation and private consumption 2007 and forecasts 2008-2009
- Home furniture imports
- Home furniture. Consumption and per capita consumption at retail prices
- Home furniture. Consumption and imports/consumption ratio
- Demand factors and development of furniture retail
- Home furniture. Imports by country and by area of origin
- Home furniture. Imports by segment: Upholstered furniture, Bedroom furniture, Kitchen furniture
- Times and costs of import procedures
- Home furniture distribution channels
- Marriage rate and building permits
- Municipalities with the highest number of dwellings completed
- Furniture, lighting equipment and household article. Total stores and number of inhabitants per store
- Supply process
- Furniture distribution channels
- Structure of the supply chain
- Breakdown of home furniture distributors by provenance
- Retail formats
- Opening of the first sales outlet in a sample of specialist operators
- Leading furniture distributors
- Home furniture. Distribution channels
- Specialist furniture distributors
- Non-specialist furniture distributors
- Home furniture. Total sales and number of stores in a sample of specialist distributors
- Trade fairs
- Home furniture. Total sales and number of stores in a sample of specialist distributors and DIY companies
- Estimated furniture sales of leading distributors
- Addresses of mentioned companies
Share this Market Research
- The world mattress industry
- Profiles of 50 major appliance manufacturers worldwide
- Top 200 furniture manufacturers worldwide
- The European market for lighting fixtures. Part II
- The kitchen furniture market in Central-Eastern Europe
- The office furniture market in Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic and Romania
- Furniture manufacturers in Europe
- The upholstered furniture industry in Central-Eastern Europe