Profiles of 50 major appliance manufacturers worldwide
September 2021, VIII Ed. , 260 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 1600.00 / US$ 1848.8
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: AP.17
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
This report ranks 50 appliance manufacturers selected according to their volume of sales. From the point of view of the ownership, 38 of these companies are public listed while 12 are private owned. The analysis includes global players and "regional leaders". Considering the country of the headquarters: 15 companies are Chinese (including Taiwan), 7 Japanese, 7 Americans, 5 Italians, 11 of other European countries (including Turkey), 3 from South Korea and 2 from India.
The Report provides information on the following research field (major 'white' appliances): refrigerators and freezers, washers and dryers, dishwashers, hoods, cooking appliances, microwave ovens, air conditioners, vacuum cleaners
The report is divided as follows:
PART I: SCENARIO
- Basic data on the major home appliances sector, including ranking by sales of major appliances and performance of the top major appliances manufacturers
- Appliances manufacturers estimated market shares by kind of product segment (washing, refrigeration, cooking, dishwashing, air conditioning) and by Region (EMEA, America, Asia Pacific)
- Exports and imports of major home appliances by main countries and product segments
PART II: TOP 50 MAJOR APPLIANCES MANUFACTURERS
Profiles of 50 major appliances manufacturers worldwide with information on company background, historical and recent facts, basic data (including total turnover of the last five years, white appliances turnover and white appliances share on total production, number of employees and turnover per employee, as well as number of household appliances sold, when available), sales breakdown by business, by product and by geographical area, production sites and brands.
In the ranking we can find:
- specialized companies, with an incidence of major appliances on the total turnover in excess of 80% (Whirlpool, Electrolux, BSH, Arçelik)
- companies with two or more relevant business units, where major appliances represent 30%-60% (Hisense, LG, Nortek, Franke, Paloma, Rinnai)
- holding companies where major appliances represent just a minor portion of the total turnover (e.g.Toshiba, Samsung, Hitachi, Liebherr, etc.)
PART III: ANNEX EXCEL DATABASE
A detailed and customizable Excel database with all the market figures and international trade by single product code is delivered together with this report. Data are reported both in values (US$) and in quantities (Units).
World. Trade of major home appliances
The world market of major consumer appliances amounted to US$ 258 billion in 2020 and it is projected versus a double-digit growth during the current year.
About 52% of the mentioned value originate in Asia-Pacific, followed by EMEA and America. In EMEA Countries the trend has been particularly vigorous conducting the market to a growth of +2.6% on a twelve-month basis. In America the yearly performance was negative with a -2.0% if compared to 2019. Asia-Pacific increased by 0.6% with different performance according to markets, weak in India and Japan, more dynamic in China and South Korea.
According to CSIL preliminary estimates the year 2021 is showing a strong double digit rebound. Interim reports published by manufacturers are announcing very positive financial performance in the first half of the year which is expected to continue in the coming months.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- Contents of the Report; Research field and working tools
- PART I: SCENARIO
- Basic data
- World. Home appliances market, basic data 2018-2020 by each considered segment: Refrigerators, Cooking (including Hoods), Dishwashing, Washing (Laundry), Air-Conditioning
- World. Home appliances market: trend 2016-2020 and forecasts 2021-2024
- World. Home appliances market by geographical area, 2016-2020 estimates and 2021 forecasts
- Recent mergers and acquisitions and relevant business factors emerged over the last year for the leading manufacturers
- Top manufacturers market shares, 2016, 2018 and 2020 ; Leading companies. Total sales of home appliances in 2018 and 2020
- Manufacturing locations and employment for a sample of leading companies: Production facilities location and number of employess in the home appliance business, 2016-2018-2020
- Leading companies: estimated sales and market shares by product segment (Refrigeration, Washing, Dishwashing, Air-Conditioning, Cooking) and geographical area (EMEA, Americas, Asia and Pacific)
- Home appliances estimated market breakdown by geographical area, 2018
- Home appliances manufacturers: selected financial indicators (ROA, ROE, EBITDA ratios) and Cost of employees and R&D expenses on revenues, 2016-2020
- World trade of major appliances
- World trade of major appliances by country/geographical area
- World exports and imports trade of major appliances by segment and main products, 2016-2018-2020
- Five major exporting and importing countries of major appliances. Exports and imports, 2016-2020
- Trade balance of major home appliances, 2016-2020: focus on 50 countries
- World trade of major appliances by segment, 2016-2020, for the 50 considered countries. Data in value (US$ Million) and volume (Thousand items)
- PART II: PROFILES OF 50 MAJOR APPLIANCES MANUFACTURERS WORLDWIDE
- Activity description; Appliances product portfolio; History, Mergers and acquisitions; Financial figures available (Turnover, Employees, Operating Margin, Number of units sold); Sales breakdown by geographical area and by product segment; Production overview; Manufacturing locations; Brands
- - Amica Group (Poland), Ar?elik A.? (Turkey), Aucma Company Ltd (China), Bertazzoni (Italy), BSH (Germany), Chunlan (China), CNA Group (Spain), DACOR (United States), Dayou Winia Co Ltd (South Korea), Daikin (Japan), De? Longhi (Italy), Electrolux (Sweden), Elica (Italy), Falmec (Italy), Fotile (China), Franke Home Solutions- Artemis Group (Switzerland), Galanz (China), Godrej Appliances (India), Gree (China), Haier (China), Hisense (China), Hitachi (Japan), Homa Appliances (China), Johnson Controls (Ireland), Lennox International (United States), LG Electronics Inc (South Korea), Liebherr (Switzerland), Konka (China), Mabe (Mexico), Meiling (China), Midea Group (China), The Middleby Corporation (United States), Miele (Germany), Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (Japan), Nortek - Melrose Plc (United States-United Kingdom), Onida (India), Paloma (Japan), Panasonic (Japan), Rinnai Corporation (Japan), Hangzhou Robam Appliances (China), Sakura (Taiwan), Samsung Electronics (South Korea), Sharp Corporation (Japan), Smeg (Italy), Sub-Zero Group (United States), Supor (China), Teka (Spain), Vatti Corporation (China), Vestel White Goods (Turkey), Whirlpool (United States)
- PART III: ANNEX EXCEL DATABASE
- APPENDIX: list of mentioned companies
Selected companies mentioned:
Amica, Arçelik, BSH, CNA Group, Dacor, Daikin, De' Longhi, Electrolux, Elica, Falmec, Franke-Artemis, Galanz, Gree, Haier-Candy, Hisense-Gorenje, Johnson Controls, Lennox International, LG Electronics, Liebherr, Middleby Corporation, Midea, Miele, Panasonic, Rinnai, Robam, Samsung, Smeg, Teka, Vestel White Goods, Whirlpool.
Share this Market Research