Profiles of 50 major appliance manufacturers worldwide
September 2019, VII Ed. , 260 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 1600.00 / US$ 1805.76
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: AP.17
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
This report ranks 50 appliance manufacturers selected according to their volume of sales. From the point of view of the ownership, 39 of these companies are public listed while 11 are private owned.
The total turnover of the analyzed companies is worth around USD 750 billion, including USD 208 billion of the major appliances considered in this report: refrigerators and freezers, washers and driers, dishwashers, hoods, cooking appliances, microwave ovens, air conditioners, vacuum cleaners.
Company profiles are available for each of the 50 appliance manufacturers, with information on company background, historical and recent facts, basic data (including total turnover of the last five years, white appliances turnover and white appliances share on total production, number of employees and turnover per employee, as well as number of household appliances sold, when available), sales breakdown by business, by product and by geographical area, production sites and brands.
In the ranking we can find:
- holding companies where major appliances represent just a minor portion of the total turnover (e.g.Toshiba, Samsung, Hitachi, Liebherr, etc.)
- specialized companies, with an incidence of major appliances on the total turnover in excess of 80% (Whirlpool, Electrolux, BSH, Arçelik)
- companies with two or more relevant business units, where major appliances represent 30%-60% (Haier, LG, Nortek, Franke-Artemis, Middleby Corp.).
The analysis includes global players and "regional leaders" (Amica, CNA Group, Gorenje, Dacor, Arçelik, Vestel, Smeg, and others). Some companies have developed an international presence in specific segments (Middleby Corp. in the bakery segment, Gree, Daikin and Chunlan for air conditioners).
Considering the country of the headquarters, 15 companies are Chinese (including Taiwan), 7 Japanese, 5 Americans, 5 Italians, 11 of other European countries (including Turkey), 3 from South Korea 3 from India and 1 from Mexico.
A detailed and customizable excel database with all the market figures and international trade by single product code is delivered together with this report. Data are reported both in values (US$) and in quantities (Units).
World. Production of major home appliances by segment, 2018
Over the last two years, world production of major home appliances increased by 5% and reached USD 256 billion, equal to about 1 billion units in 2018. Over the 2016-2018 period, sales have increased in particular in Asia-Pacific (av.% change +7.2%) and America (av.% change +3.2%). EMEA development has been more uncertain and slow with a +0.9% on average under the period observed.
The report shows how the share on total production of the top 10 players increased from 56% in 2016 to 67% in 2018, while top 20 companies lifted from 73% to over 80% of total in the same period.
Leading position in the Asian market is covered by Haier in the refrigeration ad washing segment, Midea in the cooking and Gree in the air-conditioning. Whirlpool is the strongest player in America especially in the cooking and washing segments, with Haier and Electrolux as main competitors. B/S/H is the leading European player (also world leader in the dishwashing segment) followed by Electrolux and Haier.
Among the best performer on 2016-2018 we find (in alphabetical order), Amica, Gree, Haier, Hisense, Homa, Smeg, Teka.
In terms of financial indicators, EBTDA ratio stood at 10% on average for the sector while incidence of R&D investments increased from 3% to 5% of total revenues over the last years
Abstract of Table of Contents
- Contents of the Report; Research field and working tools
- PART I: SCENARIO
- Basic data
- World. Appliances market. Basic data, 2018. Million USD and percentage shares
- World. Appliances market, focus on HOME Appliances, 2018
- World. Home appliances sector at glance, 2018
- Activity trend: Home Appliances production, 2016-2018 and Recent facts
- Competition: Sales of home appliances and market shares of the leading companies
- Manufacturing locations and employment: Production facilities location of top 50 players. Number of employess in the home appliance business, 2014-2016-2018 for the leading companies
- Sales by geographical area: Home appliances. Estimated market breakdown by geographical area, 2018
- EMEA; America; Asia-Pacific: Sales of home appliances and market shares of the leading companies
- Financial indicators: Home appliances manufacturers. Selected financial indicators, Cost of employees on revenues and R&D expenses on revenues, 2014-2018
- Outlook: Real growth of GDP, focus on 50 countries. Historical data and forecasts up to 2020. Population and per capita GNP
- World trade of major appliances
- World trade of major appliances by segment and main product, 2014-2016-2018
- World trade of major appliances by country/geographical area
- Five major exporting and importing countries of major appliances. Exports and imports, 2014-2018. USD and EUR million
- Trade balance of major appliances, 2014-2018: focus on 50 countries. USD and EUR million
- World trade of major appliances by segment
- Refrigerators and freezers, Clothes washers and dryers, Cooking appliances, Hoods, Dishwashers
- For each segment:
- - Exports and Imports, 2014-2018: focus on 25 countries. USD million, percentage shares and annual percentage changes
- - Exports and Imports, 2014-2018: focus on 50 countries. Thousand items and unit values
- PART II: PROFILES OF MAJOR APPLIANCES MANUFACTURERS WORLDWIDE
- Activity description, Appliances product portfolio, History, Mergers and acquisitions, Financial figures available (Turnover, Employees, Operating Margin, Number of units sold), Sales breakdown by geographical area and by product segment, Manufacturing locations, Brands
- - Amica Wronki S.A. (Poland), Arçelik A.Ş (Turkey), Aucma Company Ltd (China), Bertazzoni (Italy), B/S/H/ (Germany), Candy Hoover Group (Italy), Chunlan (China), CNA Group (Spain), DACOR (United States), Dayou Winia Co Ltd (South Korea), Daikin (Japan), De’ Longhi (Italy), Electrolux (Sweden), Elica (Italy), Fotile (China), Franke Artemis Group (Switzerland), Galanz (China), Godrej Appliances (India), Gorenje (Slovenia), Gree (China), Haier (China), Hisense Kelon (China), Hitachi (Japan), Homa Appliances (China), LG Electronics Inc (South Korea), Liebherr (Switzerland), Konka (China), Mabe (Mexico), Meiling (China), Midea Group (China), The Middleby Corporation (United States), Miele (Germany), Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (Japan), Nortek – Melrose Plc (United States-United Kingdom), Onida (India), Paloma (Japan), Panasonic (Japan), Rinnai Corporation (Japan), Hangzhou Robam Appliances (China), Sakura (Taiwan), Samsung Electronics (South Korea), Sharp Corporation (Japan), Smeg (Italy), Sub-Zero Group (United States), Supor (China), Teka (Spain), Vatti Corporation (China), Vestel White Goods (Turkey), Videocon Industries Ltd (India), Whirlpool (United States)
- PART II: ANNEX EXCEL DATABASE
- APPENDIX: list of mentioned companies
Selected companies mentioned:
Amica, Arçelik, BSH, Candy, CNA Group, Dacor, Daikin, De' Longhi, Electrolux, Elica, Franke-Artemis, Galanz, Gorenje, Gree, Haier, Hisense, LG, Liebherr, Middleby, Corporation, Midea, Miele, Panasonic, Rinnai, Robam, Samsung, Smeg, Teka, Vatti Corporation, Videocon, Welbilt-Manitowoc, Whirlpool.
Share this Market Research