Furniture retailing in Europe
February 2022, XVI Ed. , 252 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 2900.00 / US$ 3049.93
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: EU09
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
CSIL Market Research Report Furniture retailing in Europe offers an in-depth analysis of the home furniture distribution in 13 European countries (Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom) with trends in home furniture consumption, market forecasts, data by country, analysis by distribution channel, retail formats and sales performances of leading home furniture retailers.
This report aims to provide information on the following topics:
- Value of the home furniture market and its historical and forecasted trends in Europe and for each considered market
- The main structural changes affecting the sector (e.g. concentration process, the impact of large scale organized specialist distribution)
- Market share of each distribution channel
- Country peculiarities in furniture retailing
- Listing the leading home furniture retailers by home furniture sales, in Europe and for each considered country
- Identifying the most important and recent retailers M&A operations affecting the furniture market
STRUCTURE OF THE REPORT
SECTION I. Basic data and overview of the European home furniture market trends, its main demand determinants and the distribution channel’s structure.
The section also presents the ranking of the 30 leading retailers by home furniture sales in Europe, the full sample of leading furniture retailers active in Europe with summary tables and characteristics of the selection of companies for which is available a detailed profile in the report. Significant mergers, acquisitions, agreements that occurred in the last 5 years among leading furniture retailers are also provided.
SECTION II. Each country chapter provides basic data on consumption trends, furniture segments, imports, the structure of the distribution channels and detailed company profiles of the leading furniture retailers operating on the reference markets.
Profiles include basic data (total revenues, estimated home furniture revenues, employees, number of stores), type of retailing format, product specialization, brands, online sales, and other information. Contact details (website and email address) are also provided.
CSIL worked on an extensive data gathering, including market data and detailed financial figures for around 275 retailers (the main actors operating in Europe).
Over 600 furniture retailers and buying groups, of which 160 with detailed profile are mentioned in the study.
Home furniture market is broken down by distribution channel: Organized specialist distributors (furniture chains, franchises, buying groups); Independent furniture retailers; Non specialist distributors (department stores, multi-stores, DIY); e-commerce; Other (direct sales and craftsmen).
The estimate of online share is available for markets included in the report.
Furniture segments included: Kitchen furniture, Upholstered furniture, Dining and living rooms, Non-upholstered seats, Bedrooms, Mattresses, Other furniture.
Timeframe considered: 2012-2021 (preliminary data) and furniture market forecasts in real terms for 2022 and 2023.
The European furniture market registered a decrease of 1% in 2020 over 2019, which was more than compensated in 2021 with a growth of over 10%, reaching almost EUR 140 billion. Europe still plays a key role in the global furniture market, being the second-largest market coming after the Asia Pacific and before North America. Within Europe, the largest markets are Germany, the UK, France, and Italy, absorbing altogether over 60% of the total European furniture consumption.
During the last decade, the furniture retailing sector has experienced structural changes. Looking at the past three years in particular, the pandemic accelerated a massive change in consumers behaviour, with an unprecedented increase in online sales. It is reasonable to assume that e-commerce will retain its relevance even after the crisis.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- METHODOLOGY AND SCOPES OF THE REPORT
- - Structure of the report, Data gathering and processing methodology, Geographical coverage, Product covered and definitions,
- PART 1. FURNITURE RETAILING IN EUROPE
- Home furniture market performance
- Market dynamic
- - Home furniture consumption in Europe
- Macroeconomic context and indicators
- Home furniture consumption by country
- Furniture market forecasts
- Imports penetration
- - Home furniture market. Breakdown by national production and imports from extra-Europe areas
- - Home furniture imports from Asia and Pacific by country
- Home furniture segments: Kitchen furniture; Upholstered furniture; Furniture for bedroom, dining and living rooms; Mattresses; Non-Upholstered seats; Other furniture
- - Development of home furniture consumption by segment
- - Home furniture imports/home furniture consumption ratio by segment
- Market trends
- Price trends
- Home Furniture Distribution Channels
- Business demography: Retail sale of furniture, lighting equipment and other household articles in specialized stores
- Retailer definition. Pure and mixed businesses
- Distribution channels: trends
- Home furniture consumption by distribution channel: Specialised, Non-specialised distribution, E-commerce, Others
- Leading Home Furniture Retailers
- Home Furniture Sales for a selection of leading furniture retailers in Europe
- Market concentration
- Market shares of the top 5, top 10 and top 15 operators.
- - Leading furniture retailers by home furniture sales
- - M&A deals of the leading furniture retailers
- Summary tables
- - The sample of leading furniture retailers in Europe
- - The sample of leading furniture buying groups in Europe
- PART II. ANALYSIS BY COUNTRY
- For each considered country: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
- Home furniture market and performance
- - Home furniture consumption at retail prices, Home furniture imports, Trend in home furniture prices
- - Home furniture consumption by segment
- Home furniture distribution channels
- - Home furniture sales by distribution channel
- Leading furniture retailers
- - Profiles of leading furniture retailers
- - Other furniture retailers operating in the country
- Forecasts, demand determinants and market opportunities
- Home furniture imports
Selected companies mentioned:
Amazon, De Mandemakers, DFS, Fournier, Groupe Adeo, Howden Joinery, IKEA, John Lewis, Kingfisher, La Redoute, Lars Larsen, Maisons du Monde, Migros, Mondo Convenienza, Otto Group, Poltronesofà, Sainsbury's / Home Retail, Schmidt Grupe, Segmüller Gruppe, Steinhoff International, Sun Capital, Wayfair, XXXLutz
Share this Market Research
- World Furniture Outlook 2020/2021
- The contract furniture and furnishings market in Europe
- E-commerce for the furniture industry
- The Furniture Industry in Europe
- The high-end design furniture market
- Top 200 furniture manufacturers worldwide
- Sofa Market in Europe
- The European market for RTA furniture
- Furniture distribution in Europe. Part II