The European market for office furniture
June 2018, XXX Ed. , 262 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 3500.00 / US$ 4063.85
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: EU02
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
This is the thirtieth edition of CSIL research report The European market for office furniture analysing the status and prospects of the office furniture market in Europe (30 countries) through basic data, insights for major players, product categories, distribution channels and market forecasts to 2019.
MARKET TRENDS AND FIGURES BY COUNTRY: Basic data for production, consumption, imports and exports of office furniture and market forecasts 2018 and 2019. Trends in the office furniture prices by country, data on employment and turnover per employee are also provided.
COMPETITIVE SYSTEM: Sales data and market shares of the leading European office furniture manufacturers. Rankings of company sales are broken down by country and by segment (product type: seating, desking systems, executive office furniture, filing systems/storage, wall-to-wall units, meeting rooms and communal areas). The report also includes addresses of 300 office furniture companies.
DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM: The analysis of office furniture distribution channels by country covers: direct sales, office specialists, non-specialists and others. A breakdown of office furniture sales by distribution channel is available for the top companies.
PRODUCT TYPE ANALYSIS: Office furniture production is broken down by product type (seating: executive office chairs, operative office chairs, visitor chairs, folding/stackable chairs and others; operative desking systems: adjustable and not adjustable, free-standing and panel based; executive office furniture; filing systems/storage; wall-to-wall units; furniture for meeting rooms and communal areas).
FOCUS ON: SWIVEL CHAIRS: The report offers a detailed analysis of office seating volumes and brand positioning. The number and the performance of swivel chairs sold in 2016 and 2017 and brand positioning by average "net price" are given for seven major countries (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Poland and Sweden). Values include both products manufactured in Europe and products imported from extra-European countries.
NEW: HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE TABLES: This year edition includes the results of an additional survey on Height Adjustable Tables (HAT). Data presented are divided by country/region and include: breakdown by fixed and height-adjustable desks, type of mechanisms, mechanisms control, main demanding markets/regions, main suppliers of mechanisms and their location.
INTERNATIONAL TRADE: A breakdown of European office furniture imports and exports is provided by country and by product type (office furniture and office seating).
- Northern Europe: Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden;
- Western Europe: Belgium, France, Ireland, Netherlands and the United Kingdom. Unless otherwise specified, figures for Belgium include those for Luxembourg;
- Central Europe: Germany, Austria and Switzerland;
- Southern Europe: Greece, Italy, Portugal and Spain;
- Central-Eastern Europe: Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary and Romania, Slovenia, Croatia, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Malta, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania.
Europe. Office furniture production
, 2012-2017. Million Eur and % change
The 2017 has been a positive year for the office furniture sector in Europe. Production of office furniture in the region reached around EUR 9 billion, posting a 2% growth and reinforcing the performance of previous year. About 84% of this value originates in Western Europe and the remaining is realized in Central Eastern Europe
Abstract of Table of Contents
- METHODOLOGY, DEFINITIONS AND NOTES
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY: KEY FACTORS DRIVING THE OFFICE FURNITURE INDUSTRY IN EUROPE
- 1. MARKET SCENARIO: Trends and figures by country
- Production, consumption, international trade, price and openness of the office furniture maket
- Leading groups in Europe and their market shares
- Current trends and forecasts 2018 and 2019
- 2. BUSINESS PERFORMANCE: Basic data e and macroeconomic indicators by regions and countries
- Northern Europe (Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden)
- Western Europe (Belgium, France, Ireland, Netherlands, the UK)
- Central Europe (DACH: Austria, Germany, Switzerland)
- Southern Europe (Greece, Italy, Portugal, Spain)
- Central-Eastern Europe (Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia)
- 3. INTERNATIONAL TRADE OF OFFICE FURNITURE
- Exporters and importers, trade balance by country
- Exports: by country, segments and Extra-European destinations
- Imports: by country and segments, provenance
- - Chinese imports penetration
- 4. THE SUPPLY STRUCTURE
- Main figures, production by product type and major players for:
- - Office seating: type and coverings
- - Operative desking: type, structure and worktop material
- - Executive furniture
- - Filing systems: type and materials
- - Wall-to-wall units: type and materials
- - Furniture for meeting rooms and communal areas
- FOCUS ON: Height Adjustable Tables (HAT) in Europe
- - Height adjustable vs. fixed desks
- - Incidence by country/region
- - Top producers
- - Mechanisms and controls
- - Production and suppliers
- Employment and investment activity
- 5. DISTRIBUTION AND PRICES
- Sales by distribution channel
- Prices: focus on office swivel chairs in Europe
- 6. COMPANY MARKET SHARES BY PRODUCT
- Total sales
- Production in a sample of companies by segment (Office seating, office desking, executive furniture, filing system, wall-to-wall units, furniture for comunal areas)
- 7. COMPANY MARKET SHARES BY COUNTRY
- Sales of office furniture in a sample of companies by country
- Extra European sales (Russia, Middle-East, Asia-Pacific, North America, Central-South America, Africa)
- INTERNATIONAL TRADE TABLES
- COMPANY NAME AND CONTACTS FOR OVER 300 OFFICE FURNITURE MANUFACTURERS
Selected companies mentioned:
Steelcase, Kinnarps, Nowy Styl, Ahrend Group, Haworth Europe, Herman Miller Europe, Narbutas, Sedus Stoll, Senator