The European market for office furniture
June 2022, XXXIV Ed. , 278 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 3500.00 / US$ 3681.65
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: EU02
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
The CSIL Report The European market for office furniture, now at its 34th edition, provides a comprehensive and detailed picture of the office furniture sector in Europe (30 countries) through historical series of basic data (production, consumption, imports and exports) up to 2021, office furniture consumption forecasts 2022 and 2023, performance and market shares of the office furniture manufacturers, analysis by product categories and distribution, outlining and commenting on the main macro trends impacting the sector.
MARKET EVOLUTION, FORECASTS AND FIGURES BY COUNTRY
The Report includes 2016-2021 values of production, consumption, imports, and exports of office furniture in Europe and for 30 considered countries. Trends in the office furniture prices by country, macroeconomic indicators, data on employment and turnover per employee are also provided
For all the considered countries: 2022 and 2023 office furniture consumption forecasts.
The international trade of office furniture: a breakdown of European office furniture imports and exports is provided by country and by product type (by office furniture and by office seating), together with the main trading partners.
This study outlines the main TRENDS AND CHALLENGES IMPACTING THE OFFICE FURNITURE SECTOR: the business indicators that show the sector transformation, the industrial capacity, the trade balance, the rise of hybrid workplace (locations and the home office incidence on office furniture consumption), the smart solutions for the workplace, the trends in product categories (office seating and changes in the office environment), the office furniture companies’ attention for sustainability and circularity, the supply chain disruptions and the effects on list prices.
KEY PLAYERS IN THE EUROPEAN OFFICE FURNITURE SECTOR AND THEIR MARKET SHARES
Sales data and market shares are provided for the leading European office furniture manufacturers. Company sales are also broken down by country and by segment (seating, desking systems, executive office furniture, filing systems/storage, wall-to-wall units, meeting rooms and communal areas).
Company market share is provided for selected players on a country level, for the major office furniture markets.
Extra-European sales: Office furniture sales in Extra-European Union and Russia, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, North America, Central-South America and Africa are provided for a sample of European companies.
Also included: addresses of about 300 office furniture companies.
MARKET AND DISTRIBUTION
The analysis of office furniture distribution channels by country covers direct sales, office specialists, non-specialists and others. A breakdown of office furniture sales by distribution channel is available for the top companies.
SUPPLY STRUCTURE, TYPES OF PRODUCTS AND TRENDS
The European office furniture production is broken down by types of products: seating (operative chairs with or without castors, soft benching/sofas, executive chairs, folding/stackable chairs and stools/other); operative desking systems (adjustable and not adjustable, free-standing and panel based); executive office furniture; filing systems/storage (mass storage and complex archiving systems, Filing drawers/pedestals, lockers, side units/vertical files, bookcases/shelves); walls/partitions and acoustic products (Wall units/high partitions floor to ceiling, equipped walls, mobile/free standing screens&desk screens, acoustic panels/ceiling suspended or wall mounted, acoustic booths/phone booths); furniture for meeting rooms and communal areas.
The study also analyses the incidence of HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE TABLES (HAT) in Europe, production of sit-standing desks by the main country/region and breakdown of desking supply between fixed and height adjustable, in a sample of companies.
FOCUS ON: SWIVEL CHAIRS. A detailed analysis of office seating volumes and brand positioning. Brand positioning by average net price and total units sold are given on a European level.
The number and the performance of swivel chairs sold in 2020 and 2021 are also provided for the major countries (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Poland and Sweden). Values include both products manufactured in Europe and products imported from extra-European countries.
- Northern Europe: Denmark (DK), Finland (FI), Norway (NO) and Sweden (SE);
- Western Europe: Belgium (BE), France (FR), Ireland (IE), Netherlands (NL) and the United Kingdom (UK). Unless otherwise specified, figures for Belgium include those for Luxembourg;
- Central Europe (DACH): Germany (DE), Austria (AT) and Switzerland (CH);
- Southern Europe: Greece (GR), Italy (IT), Portugal (PT) and Spain (ES);
- Central-Eastern Europe: Poland (PL), Czech Republic (CZ), Slovakia (SK), Hungary (HU) and Romania (RO), Slovenia (SL), Croatia (HR), Bulgaria (BG), Cyprus (CY), Malta (MT), Estonia (EE), Latvia (LV), Lithuania (LT).
Europe. Office Furniture. Imports by country of origin, 2016-2021. Percentage shares
The European market for office furniture amounts to around EUR 9 billion. Consumption of office furniture in Europe is sustained by booming imports values coming from the European continent for about 60%, while the remaining part mainly from Asia-Pacific, particularly China.
Profound transformations are currently taking place in the European office furniture sector. The continuous alternation of phases in travel restrictions and lockdowns have prevented the stable return to offices and the continuation of very high levels of remote working, taking to a rise of hybrid workplaces. Many of the trends already underway before the advent of the public health emergency have shown their effects in a shorter period, others will need to be monitored over the next few years to better understand their development.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- METHODOLOGY, DEFINITIONS AND NOTES
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY: KEY FACTORS DRIVING THE OFFICE FURNITURE INDUSTRY IN EUROPE
- 1. MARKET SCENARIO: Trends, product types and figures by country
- Values of office furniture production, consumption, international trade up to 2021, price and openness of the market
- The macro trends impacting the office furniture sector and the business indicators showing the sector transformations
- - Industrial capacity
- - Trade balance
- - Hybrid workplaces and working from home
- - Trends in product categories
- - Sustainability and circularity
- The leading office furniture groups in Europe
- Office furniture consumption forecasts 2022 and 2023
- The supply chain disruptions and the effects on list prices
- 2. BUSINESS PERFORMANCE: Basic data e and macroeconomic indicators by region and by country
- Northern Europe (Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden)
- Western Europe (Belgium, France, Ireland, Netherlands, the UK)
- Central Europe (DACH: Austria, Germany, Switzerland)
- Southern Europe (Greece, Italy, Portugal, Spain)
- Central-Eastern Europe (Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia)
- 3. THE INTERNATIONAL TRADE OF OFFICE FURNITURE
- Exporters and importers, trade balance by country
- - Exports: by country, segments and Extra-European destinations
- - Imports: by country and segments, origin
- 4. SUPPLY STRUCTURE AND PRODUCT SEGMENTS
- Main figures, production by product type and major players for:
- - Office seating: type and coverings
- - Operative desking
- - Executive furniture
- - Filing systems
- - Walls/partitions and acoustic products
- - Furniture for meeting rooms and communal areas
- Height adjustable desks (HAT) in Europe
- - Height adjustable vs. fixed desks
- - Incidence by main country/region
- - Breakdown of desking supply between fixed and HAT in a sample of companies
- Smart solutions for the workplace
- Employment and investment activity
- Sustainability and reuse
- 5. MARKET AND DISTRIBUTION
- Office furniture Sales by distribution channel
- FOCUS: Swivel chairs in Europe
- - Total number of units sold
- - Brand positioning
- - Units sold in the Top markets: France, Germany, Italy, Poland, the UK, Spain and Sweden
- 6. OFFICE FURNITURE MANUFACTURERS: SALES AND MARKET SHARES BY PRODUCT CATEGORY
- Total sales of office furniture in selected companies
- Production in a sample of companies by product (Office seating, office desking, executive furniture, filing system, walls/partitions and acoustic products, furniture for communal areas)
- 7. OFFICE FURNITURE MANUFACTURERS: SALES AND MARKET SHARES BY THE MAJOR OFFICE FURNITURE MARKETS
- Sales of office furniture in a sample of companies at country level
- Extra European sales (Russia, Middle-East, Asia-Pacific, North America, Central-South America, Africa)
- INTERNATIONAL TRADE TABLES
- COMPANY NAME AND CONTACT DETAILS FOR AROUND 300 OFFICE FURNITURE MANUFACTURERS
Selected companies mentioned:
Ahrend, Assmann, Buzzi Space, Estel, Flokk, Framery, Haworth, MillerKnoll, Interstuhl, Isku, Kinnarps, König + Neurath, Las Mobili, Martela, Narbutas, Nowy Styl, Quadrifoglio, Sedus Stoll, Senator, Sokoa, Steelcase, Topstar-Wagner, Unifor, USM, Vitra, Wilkhahn
Share this Market Research
- The world high-end furniture market
- The world upholstered furniture industry
- The office furniture market in Asia Pacific and China
- E-Commerce for the office furniture industry
- Home office furniture market in Europe
- The contract furniture and furnishings market in Europe
- Office & commercial furniture supply for small business and e-commerce in Europe. The dealer point of view
- Office furniture features and workplace trends 2019-2020: a dealer point of view
- Sofa Market in Europe
- The European market for office acoustic solutions