The European market for office furniture
June 2020, XXXII Ed. , 266 pages
Price (single user license): EUR 3500.00 / US$ 4241.3
for multiple/corporate license prices please contact us
Report Code: EU02
Copyright: CSIL Milano
Status:available for online purchase and immediate download
For any information please Contact us
CSIL Report The European market for office furniture, now at its 32nd edition, provides a comprehensive picture of the office furniture sector in Europe (30 countries with a detailed analysis) through historical series of basic data (production, consumption and trade) up to the year 2019, office furniture market forecasts 2020-2021, performance and market shares of the leading office furniture manufacturers, product categories, distribution and prices.
MARKET EVOLUTION AND FIGURES BY COUNTRY
The Report offers 2014-2019 value of production, consumption, imports and exports of office furniture in Europe and for 30 considered countries. Trends in the office furniture prices by country, data on employment and turnover per employee are also provided.
Given these circumstances, the 2020-2021 office furniture market forecasts in the report are provided for the 15 major European office furniture consuming countries (Austria, Belgium-Lux, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom), representing together almost 90% of the total market. The impact of the outbreak will be then revaluated in October and our Clients will receive an update of 2020/2021 office furniture consumption forecasts included in the report's price.
KEY PLAYERS IN THE EUROPEAN OFFICE FURNITURE SECTOR AND THEIR MARKET SHARES
Sales data and market shares are provided for the leading European office furniture manufacturers. Company sales are also broken down by country and by segment (seating, desking systems, executive office furniture, filing systems/storage, wall-to-wall units, meeting rooms and communal areas).
Extra-European sales: Office furniture sales in Extra-European Union and Russia, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, North America, Central-South America and Africa are provided for a sample of European companies.
Also included: addresses of about 300 office furniture companies.
SUPPLY STRUCTURE AND PRODUCT TYPE ANALYSIS
Analysis of the office furniture production by product segment: seating: operative chairs with or without castors, soft benching/sofas, executive chairs, folding/stackable chairs and stools/other; operative desking systems: adjustable and not adjustable, free-standing and panel based; executive office furniture; filing systems/storage (mass storage and complex archiving systems, Filing drawers/pedestals, lockers, side units/vertical files, bookcases/shelves); walls/partitions and acoustic products (Wall units/high partitions floor to ceiling, equipped walls, mobile/free standing screens&desk screens, acoustic panels/ceiling suspended or wall mounted, acoustic booths/phone booths); furniture for meeting rooms and communal areas.
The study also analyses the incidence of HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE TABLES (HAT) in Europe, production of sit-standing desks by country/region and breakdown of desking supply between fixed and HAT, in a sample of companies.
WORKPLACES DURING PANDEMIC AND REMOTE WORKING. First trends and office layout solutions, made by the leading European office furniture companies to face the unexpected shift caused by the coronavirus in workplaces.
OFFICE FURNITURE DISTRIBUTION AND PRICES
The analysis of office furniture distribution channels by country covers: direct sales, office specialists, non-specialists and others. A breakdown of office furniture sales by distribution channel is available for the top companies.
FOCUS ON: SWIVEL CHAIRS. A detailed analysis of office seating volumes and brand positioning. The number and the performance of swivel chairs sold in 2018 and 2019 and brand positioning by average net price are given for seven major countries (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Poland and Sweden). Values include both products manufactured in Europe and products imported from extra-European countries.
INTERNATIONAL TRADE OF OFFICE FURNITURE: A breakdown of European office furniture imports and exports is provided by country and by product type (by office furniture and by office seating).
- Northern Europe: Denmark (DK), Finland (FI), Norway (NO) and Sweden (SE);
- Western Europe: Belgium (BE), France (FR), Ireland (IE), Netherlands (NL) and the United Kingdom (UK). Unless otherwise specified, figures for Belgium include those for Luxembourg;
- Central Europe (DACH): Germany (DE), Austria (AT) and Switzerland (CH);
- Southern Europe: Greece (GR), Italy (IT), Portugal (PT) and Spain (ES);
- Central-Eastern Europe: Poland (PL), Czech Republic (CZ), Slovakia (SK), Hungary (HU) and Romania (RO), Slovenia (SL), Croatia (HR), Bulgaria (BG), Cyprus (CY), Malta (MT), Estonia (EE), Latvia (LV), Lithuania (LT).
Europe.Imports of office furniture
, 2014-2019. Million Eur and percentages
The European market for office furniture exceeded EUR 9 billion in 2019. Among the largest markets, Germany, the UK and the Netherlands. The performance improved for the fourth consecutive year, sustained by a strong growth of imports, representing about 42% of total European consumption of the sector. Imports originates for over 74% from European supplying countries. However, the share of products coming from China has been gaining ground over the years and currently represent 9% of the whole office furniture consumption, a percentage which is even higher considering office seating only.
The consequences of the Covid-19 pandemic on office furniture consumption vary from country to country depending on length of the lockdowns, status of the economy in early 2020, ability to mobilize resources to assist in the recovery, and, for office furniture exporting countries, opportunities to stimulate local consumption to absorb office furniture made available.
At the time being, forecasts for office furniture consumption in the whole European area are for a huge drop in 2020, impacting on all the top markets. A rebound of the office furniture market in Europe, though feeble, is expected in 2021.
Abstract of Table of Contents
- METHODOLOGY, DEFINITIONS AND NOTES
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY: KEY FACTORS DRIVING THE OFFICE FURNITURE INDUSTRY IN EUROPE
- 1. MARKET SCENARIO: Trends and figures by country
- Production, consumption, international trade, price and openness of the office furniture market
- Leading groups in Europe and market shares
- Current trends and forecasts 2020 and 2021 taking into account the impact of Covid-19
- 2. BUSINESS PERFORMANCE: Basic data e and macroeconomic indicators by region and by country
- Northern Europe (Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden)
- Western Europe (Belgium, France, Ireland, Netherlands, the UK)
- Central Europe (DACH: Austria, Germany, Switzerland)
- Southern Europe (Greece, Italy, Portugal, Spain)
- Central-Eastern Europe (Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia)
- 3. INTERNATIONAL TRADE OF OFFICE FURNITURE
- Exporters and importers, trade balance by country
- - Exports: by country, segments and Extra-European destinations
- - Imports: by country and segments, provenance
- Chinese imports penetration
- 4. SUPPLY STRUCTURE AND PRODUCT SEGMENTS
- Main figures, production by product type and major players for:
- - Office seating: type and coverings
- - Operative desking: type, structure and worktop material
- - Executive furniture
- - Filing systems: type and materials
- - Walls/partitions and acoustic products: type and materials
- - Furniture for meeting rooms and communal areas
- Height Adjustable Tables in Europe
- - Height adjustable vs. fixed desks
- - Incidence by country/region
- Post-covid workplaces and remote working: first trends
- Employment and investment activity
- 5. DISTRIBUTION AND PRICES
- Office furniture Sales by distribution channel
- FOCUS ON: Swivel chairs
- - Total number of units sold
- - Units sold in the Top markets: France, Germany, Italy, Poland, the UK, Spain and Sweden
- - Brand positioning in the Top markets
- 6. OFFICE FURNITURE MANUFACTURERS: SALES AND MARKET SHARES BY PRODUCT CATEGORY
- Total sales of office furniture in selected companies
- Production in a sample of companies by product (Office seating, office desking, executive furniture, filing system, walls/partitions and acoustic products, furniture for communal areas)
- 7. OFFICE FURNITURE MANUFACTURERS: SALES AND MARKET SHARES BY COUNTRY
- Sales of office furniture in a sample of companies by country
- Extra European sales (Russia, Middle-East, Asia-Pacific, North America, Central-South America, Africa)
- INTERNATIONAL TRADE TABLES
- COMPANY NAME AND CONTACT DETAILS FOR OVER 300 OFFICE FURNITURE MANUFACTURERS
Selected companies mentioned:
Steelcase, Kinnarps, Nowy Styl, Ahrend Group, Haworth Europe, Herman Miller Europe, Narbutas, Sedus Stoll, Senator
Share this Market Research